video: DVDs, .avi, .asf, .mpg, etc. .rm and .ram files seem to be spotty (plays one frame per ~4 or ~5 seconds,
skips to the next frame, repeat). .mov files work perfectly too, no skips/problems with playback.
audio still works on any of these though!
system specs: amd 2600+, ati 9550, sb audigy, xp sp2
symptoms: opening a video file will allow audio playback but no video (it will show the first frame and freeze).
after clicking exit on windows media player (or ending the process in task manager), the system locks up and i
have to do a hard shutdown and restart.
what i've done so far:
1. uninstalled/updated/reinstalled drivers for video card
2. uninstalled/updated/reinstalled drivers for audio card
3. upgraded to windows media player 10
4. tried using a different media player (BSplayer)
5. uninstalled/reinstalled video codecs. also ran sherlock to see if there were any broken codecs...nope!
6. virus scan using symantec corporate
7. trojan/spyware scan using spybot S&D, ad-aware SE, ewido security suite 3.5
8. cleaned registry using registry mechanic 5.0
9. ran dxdiag -- checks out
10. checked out the BIOS settings (8x, 256mb) -- everything seemed as they should
11. checked the app event logs -- nothing unexpected
i'm sure i've done a couple more things that i've forgotten...so anyone care to help? thanks!
Edited by papashango, 06 August 2005 - 01:22 AM.