Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

AdAware Updates problem

• Please log in to reply

vittoria2

vittoria2

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Two weeks ago, when I clicked "check for updates now" in AdAware it found a new def file to download but downloaded it VERY slowly. (I have cable broadband and it normally updates in about a second. It took maybe a minute to do the same thing.)

Today I tried again and there was a new def file to download, but I ended up getting a message "unable to read def file. Try to update again." Tried repeatedly, same result.

I was using AdAware SE 1.50, but I uninstalled it and installed 1.60, same result.

I did a manual definition install OK, and the program is running fine otherwise.

The whole process used to take just a few seconds with no difficulties.

Is this a Lavasoft site problem? (Months ago one of the def updates was very slow and the next time everything was fine again.)

Any suggestions?

Thanks -
Vickie

Advertisements