Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

big problems

• Please log in to reply

Destructo

Destructo

• PipPip
  • 64 posts
Ok well it all happened with my norton turning off and displaying auto protect off and email scanning error. also i know i have a WIN32.P2P-WORM.ALCAN.A on my computer but whenever i run ad-aware it picks them up deletes them but the next day i run it again and there back, ive tried running my comp in safe mode (and did everything said here http://www.geekstogo...SED-t38354.html )and ran ad-aware(it picked up two new alcan worms) but there are still the original 8 there and im getting frustrated and annoyed. Should i download a new spyware program or wut am i doing wrong here? heres my back-up log on ad-aware.

ArchiveData(auto-quarantine- 2005-08-06 12-36-16.bckp)
Referencefile : SE1R59 02.08.2005
======================================================

WIN32.P2P-WORM.ALCAN.A
»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»
obj[0]=File : C:\WINDOWS\system32\bszip.dll
obj[1]=File : C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.com
obj[2]=File : C:\WINDOWS\system32\netstat.com
obj[3]=File : C:\WINDOWS\system32\ping.com
obj[4]=File : C:\WINDOWS\system32\regedit.com
obj[5]=File : C:\WINDOWS\system32\taskkill.com
obj[6]=File : C:\WINDOWS\system32\tasklist.com
obj[7]=File : C:\WINDOWS\system32\tracert.com

Also i ran spybot S&D and i get an AntiVirusOverride!=dword:0 which wont go away either, ive ran about 12 scans and i still shows up.

Now with my MSN it says cannot log on please try again. 80072efd. i looked at the troubleshooter and it says my norton might be the problem but i can log on to e-messenger.net. also when i try to connect to hotmail, and yahoo (so far thats all) it says connection refused.

Now this is off the topic of my message but i want it fixed as well. When i logged on to Diablo 2:LOD i could get on the servers, but i downloaded the new patch(1.11) and tried to log on but i get a message saying in my battle.net file no servers. i checked battle.net's webpage tried wut they told me but it never worked. heres the log

8/6 12:04:56.406 Connecting to Battle.net...
8/6 12:04:56.421 querying gateway uswest.battle.net
8/6 12:04:56.453 searching for the fastest server
8/6 12:05:01.859 no servers found

should i delete norton and get a new virus protecter, such as Avast?
:tazz: plz
thnxs
-destructo

Edited by Destructo, 06 August 2005 - 06:50 PM.

Advertisements

Destructo

Destructo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
problem fixed for anyone who has this problem in the future download and run ewido. it found 700!!!!! new spyware on my comp that ad-aware or SpybotS&D doesnt pick up.

-destructo

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
ewido is a great app. why don't you post the ewido log here? I suspect that if spybot and adaware didn't catch them then you may have had a version of coolweb search.

also you can post a HiJackThis log in the malware forum to make sure your clean.
http://www.geekstogo...?showtopic=2852

Destructo

Destructo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
problem about the log its gone and cant get it plus i have CWshredder and it didnt pix up and Cool web search plus there were files ive never even dled be4 that said something like "norton CD crack" and ive never dled any crack before so thats confusing me. ill go post right away about my hijackthis log