Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problems Connecting to Internet

• Please log in to reply

Nesdrax

Nesdrax

• Pip
  • 2 posts
O.K. so I am at my grandparents house for the weekend and I decided to bring my computer to play WoW while I'm here, but the thing is, I can't connect to their modem for some reason. I have my Local Area Connection set to obtain ip and DNS auto. and absolutely EVERYTHING else in my Local Area Connection settings is EXACTLY the same as my grandparent's computer, but it will not give me an ip address so I can get on the internet. I have tried running both computers through a router, and also directly connecting my computer to their modem, but whatever I do I can't get an ip, but their computer will.

I would appreciate help with this as soon as possible (what can I say, I like WoW) but I can understand if there isn't anything I can do. Just tell me if you need anymore information and I will post it.

Advertisements

Guest_ingram346_*

Guest_ingram346_*
Have ham sandwiches with your Grandparents for the weekend. They might be around long, and they would appreciate some company :-)

Nesdrax

Nesdrax

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Have ham sandwiches with your Grandparents for the weekend. They might be around long, and they would appreciate some company :-)

View Post

Thanks for the MAGNIFICENT help. I'm glad I waited 6 hours for that.
Besides it's not just the fact that I'm here it's the fact that it's obviously some setting with my computer and incase this ever happens elsewhere I need to know how to fix it. If you don't have something helpful to say, don't post.

EDIT: I hate ham.

Edited by Nesdrax, 06 August 2005 - 06:56 PM.

Press2Esc

Press2Esc

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
DSL or Cable and what is your OS?

P2E

O.K. so I am at my grandparents house for the weekend and I decided to bring my computer to play WoW while I'm here, but the thing is, I can't connect to their modem for some reason. I have my Local Area Connection set to obtain ip and DNS auto. and absolutely EVERYTHING else in my Local Area Connection settings is EXACTLY the same as my grandparent's computer, but it will not give me an ip address so I can get on the internet. I have tried running both computers through a router, and also directly connecting my computer to their modem, but whatever I do I can't get an ip, but their computer will.

I would appreciate help with this as soon as possible (what can I say, I like WoW) but I can understand if there isn't anything I can do. Just tell me if you need anymore information and I will post it.

View Post