Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Good Place to get music?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

RockyIV

RockyIV

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts
Hey Guys, :tazz:
On my old computer I had Limewire and that's where I got the songs I wanted, but it caused lots of problems, so I had to get rid of the whole computer(Limewire got a virus on to my computer)Anyway I just wanted to know if anyone knows a good website or software(other than Limewire) for free music downloas?Coz I cant risk my new computer!
Any help would be appreciated!
Reagrds RockyIV

Advertisements

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy:

Get them from any site that is legal.. You WILL have to pay for them if they are still under copywrite.. To ask what to use to pirate them is very unethical as anyone taking GeekU training would know!!

Suck it up and buy what you want!!

Murray

RockyIV

RockyIV

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts
But Limewire and Kazaa are free but still there are legal?
Regards RockyIV

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
the programs are free, yes. However, downloading copyrighted music, programs, movies etc is NOT legal unless you pay for it.

RockyIV

RockyIV

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts
So are Limewire and Kazaa illegal?
regards RockyIV

Justin

Justin

I do a little bit of everything

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts

the programs are free, yes. However, downloading copyrighted music, programs, movies etc is NOT legal unless you pay for it.

As Kat said, the programs are legal, however downloading a copyrighted song or movie is illegal, unless you pay for it.

I would suggest Itunes.

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
No, the programs themselves are not illegal. They are ok...but using them to download copyrighted material IS illegal.

Hmmm, wait. It is illegal in the US and many other countries, but not all. I do not know about the laws where you live in Australia. You really should check and find out so you don't get into any trouble.

RockyIV

RockyIV

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts

As Kat said, the programs are legal, however downloading a copyrighted song or movie is illegal, unless you pay for it.

I would suggest Itunes.

View Post

As in www.itunes.com?

Excal

Excal

Malware Slayer Extraordinaire!

• Retired Staff
  • 12,739 posts
I use Napster and I love it ;)

:tazz:

Excal

RockyIV

RockyIV

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts
Well, Almost everyone I know uses Limewire/Kazaa to get their music downloads so I startede using it too, but Limewire started causing trouble, even the experts at bleepingcomputers.com said to remove it! So I did now im searching for an alternative to Limewire, I couldn't find anything so I asked here!Now im gonna get Itunes like Justin said!Thanks
Regards RockyIV

Advertisements

Justin

Justin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts
Yes

www.Itunes.com

Songs for download are 99cents/song.

you can also download songs from Walmart for 88cents/song, however there have been issues burning these songs onto CDs and transfering them to iPods, as Walmart.com keeps the copyright label on their songs.

RockyIV

RockyIV

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts
We have to give our credit card number right?I dont have a credit card(nor does my whole family!)Can you make them charge you through your bank account?
Regards RockyIV

Justin

Justin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts
You can use Credit or Debt cards to charge songs off of iTunes.

RockyIV

RockyIV

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts
Oh ok I dont think we have any!LOL!Not sure!Well, I know we dont have any credit cards, but debt.....?
I'll have to buy them using the store in the plaza!
Thanks anyway!I wonder if Limewire and Kazaa are illegal in Aus.?
Regards RockyIV

Justin

Justin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts
debt card is just like a credit card, except it comes firectly out of your checking account, and does not have to be paid back to the credit card company.

Its almost like a Check, but in card form...