Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problems with Windows 2000

• Please log in to reply

Greatwhitecp

Greatwhitecp

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Good evening, I ran Adaware, Spybot and McAfee's Viruscan last week and since then I have been receiving the message "Error loading D0CE0C16B1. Module not found" each time I log in. I re-ran the above programs on Friday and now along with the original message, I cannot open any of the applications I have installed on my PC. For example when I try to run Sonic MyDVD, I receive a "Program Error" "MyDVD.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart program". This happens with all applications. When I open Explorer I get the "Send error report message" and then Explorer reopens and works fine. I cannot even get in the Add/Remove Programs screen on the MS Control Panel.

Please help.

Thank you in advance.

Advertisements

darth_ash

darth_ash

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
First lets see if its a problem with ur physical Memory(RAM). Download and run memtest86.

Also, can u post a HJT log.

Greatwhitecp

Greatwhitecp

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thank you for helping darth ash. I am able to generate the HJT log, but am having trouble with the memtest86. I unzipped the file and have access to the .exe, .bat and .bin file and do not know what to do next. I have clicked on the .exe file but nothing seems to have happened.

Thanks again for your help.

darth_ash

darth_ash

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
U must have downloaded the Pre-compiled version for Windows and DOS. If u still want to use this version. Run install.bat file, u will need a empty floopy to install it. Reboot. In BIOS set floopy drive as 1st boot device and run memtest.

If u dont have a floopy-drive or dont want to run it from the floopy, download the Bootable-ISO. And burn the image on a empty CD-RW.
Set CD-Rom as 1st Boot Device in BIOS. And Run memtest.

Also, paste ur HJT log in ur next reply.

Greatwhitecp

Greatwhitecp

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi darth_ash,

I am still having trouble with the memtest, when I try to run the test I get an error message "Rundll32.exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows". Not sure what to do.

Here is my HJT file:

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 8:28:55 PM, on 8/8/2005
Platform: Windows 2000 SP4 (WinNT 5.00.2195)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINNT\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\csrss.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\services.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Office keyboard utility\1.2\nhksrv.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\pssvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Symantec\pcAnywhere\awhost32.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Network Associates\Common Framework\FrameworkService.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mctskshd.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\NTME\METHWNT.EXE
C:\WINNT\System32\NTME\brad32.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\regsvc.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\MSTask.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\WBEM\WinMgmt.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\mspmspsv.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\ZipToA.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\NETWOR~1\COMMON~1\naPrdMgr.exe
C:\WINNT\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\SVA Player\SVAPLAYER.EXE
C:\Program Files\McAfee.com\VSO\mcvsshld.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsescn.exe
C:\Program Files\Network Associates\Common Framework\UpdaterUI.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\Office keyboard utility\1.2\OFFICEKB.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\Program Files\Office keyboard utility\1.2\MMKEYB.EXE
C:\Program Files\AIM95\aim.exe
C:\Program Files\Office keyboard utility\1.2\TrayMon.exe
C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe
C:\Program Files\Office keyboard utility\1.2\osd.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\PANICW~1\POP-UP~2\POPUPS~1.EXE
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Distillr\AcroTray.exe
c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsftsn.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE
C:\WINNT\etb\pokapoka62.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\cphillips\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\1BCX1WHT\HijackThis[1].exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = localhost
R3 - Default URLSearchHook is missing
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Synchronization Manager] mobsync.exe /logon
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ConMgr.exe] "C:\Program Files\EarthLink 5.0\ConMgr.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LoadQM] loadqm.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RegShave] C:\Progra~1\REGSHAVE\REGSHAVE.EXE /autorun
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SVAPlayer] C:\Program Files\SVA Player\SVAPLAYER.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Open Site] C:\Program Files\Open Site\opnste.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VSOCheckTask] "C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\VSO\mcmnhdlr.exe" /checktask
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VirusScan Online] C:\Program Files\McAfee.com\VSO\mcvsshld.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MCAgentExe] c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MCUpdateExe] c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcupdate.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [McAfeeUpdaterUI] "C:\Program Files\Network Associates\Common Framework\UpdaterUI.exe" /StartedFromRunKey
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSPM Startup] C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\UPDATE~1\ISUSPM.exe -startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSScheduler] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe" -start
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RoxioEngineUtility] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\System\EngUtil.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [FLMOFFICEKEYBOARD] C:\Program Files\Office keyboard utility\1.2\OFFICEKB.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [dla] C:\WINNT\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [checkrun] C:\winnt\system32\elitetux32.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [98D0CE0C16B1] rundll32.exe D0CE0C16B1,D0CE0C16B1
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UpdateManager] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sonic\Update Manager\sgtray.exe" /r
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [OASClnt] C:\Program Files\McAfee.com\VSO\oasclnt.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [System service62] C:\WINNT\etb\pokapoka62.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [AIM] C:\Program Files\AIM95\aim.exe -cnetwait.odl
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Mail.com] C:\Program Files\mail.com\mcalert.exe -auto
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [msnmsgr] "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [PopUpStopperProfessional] "C:\PROGRA~1\PANICW~1\POP-UP~2\POPUPS~1.EXE"
O4 - Startup: BHODemon 2.0.lnk = C:\Program Files\BHODemon 2\BHODemon.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Acrobat Assistant.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Distillr\AcroTray.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OSA9.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: RealDownload.lnk = C:\Program Files\Real\RealDownload\Realdownload.exe
O6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Restrictions present
O6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Control Panel present
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Google Search - res://C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmsearch.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Translate English Word - res://C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmwordtrans.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Backward Links - res://C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmbacklinks.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Cached Snapshot of Page - res://C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmcache.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Similar Pages - res://C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmsimilar.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Translate Page into English - res://C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmtrans.html
O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\Program Files\AIM95\aim.exe
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {6685509E-B47B-4f47-8E16-9A5F3A62F683} - file://C:\Program Files\Ebates_MoeMoneyMaker\Sy350\Tp350\scri350a.htm (file missing) (HKCU)
O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
O16 - DPF: {406B5949-7190-4245-91A9-30A17DE16AD0} (Snapfish Activia) - http://www.snapfish....fishActivia.cab
O16 - DPF: {4ED9DDF0-7479-4BBE-9335-5A1EDB1D8A21} (McAfee.com Operating System Class) - http://download.mcaf...81/mcinsctl.cab
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://update.micros...b?1123339870594
O16 - DPF: {670821E0-76D1-11D4-9F60-009027A966BF} (YouBet Secure Data Transfer Control) - http://racing.youbet...s/ybrequest.cab
O16 - DPF: {A8739816-022C-11D6-A85D-00C04F9AEAFB} (Web Camera Server Control) - http://211.60.226.110:84/wg_webeye.cab
O16 - DPF: {BCC0FF27-31D9-4614-A68E-C18E1ADA4389} (DwnldGroupMgr Class) - http://download.mcaf...,19/mcgdmgr.cab
O16 - DPF: {C9DB5AF8-4C14-4A3E-90F8-DB49D6B4866D} (YBUICtrl.FloatWnd.1) - http://racing.youbet...ls/YBUICtrl.cab
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: Domain = TheXchange.com
O17 - HKLM\System\CS1\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: Domain = TheXchange.com
O17 - HKLM\System\CS2\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: Domain = TheXchange.com
O23 - Service: AutoShutdown - Dell Computer Corporation - C:\WINNT\system32\pssvc.exe
O23 - Service: AVSync Manager (AvSynMgr) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Network Associates\VirusScan\Avsynmgr.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: pcAnywhere Host Service (awhost32) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec\pcAnywhere\awhost32.exe
O23 - Service: Logical Disk Manager Administrative Service (dmadmin) - VERITAS Software Corp. - C:\WINNT\System32\dmadmin.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service (iPodService) - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Framework Service (McAfeeFramework) - Network Associates, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Network Associates\Common Framework\FrameworkService.exe
O23 - Service: McShield - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Network Associates\McShield\Mcshield.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: McAfee Task Scheduler (McTskshd.exe) - McAfee, Inc - c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mctskshd.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee SecurityCenter Update Manager (mcupdmgr.exe) - McAfee, Inc - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\Agent\mcupdmgr.exe
O23 - Service: Network Associates Management Agent - Network Associates, Inc. - C:\WINNT\System32\NTME\METHWNT.EXE
O23 - Service: Netropa NHK Server (nhksrv) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Office keyboard utility\1.2\nhksrv.exe
O23 - Service: OracleOraHome81ClientCache - Unknown owner - C:\oracle\ora81\bin\ONRSD.EXE
O23 - Service: ZipToA - Iomega Corporation - C:\WINNT\System32\ZipToA.exe

Thank you.

darth_ash

darth_ash

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
U got a malware infection.
Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE .

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.

If you are still having problems after getting a clean bill of health from the malware expert, please return to this thread.

Greatwhitecp

Greatwhitecp

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
darth_ash, I have followed all of the instructions and my PC is now working as usual again. Thank you very much for all of your help and advice.

darth_ash

darth_ash

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Dude u have malware.
Pls. post start a new topic in the Malware Forums and post ur log in the new topic..