Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Svchost.exe 50%, Explorer.exe 50%

• Please log in to reply

Tim_Baldwin

Tim_Baldwin

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I'm working on a friends pc. It was loaded with trojans and spyware. Had his hard drive hooked to my computer, ran a full a/v scan using McAfee 2005, and spyware scan using AdAware. Both have most recent updates. Here's the problem: after hooking his hd back up to his pc, it won't boot up regularly, gets frozen at the signon screen. When I boot into safe mode (which takes years to boot into, I might add), once it finally gets logged on as administrator, svchost.exe and explorer.exe are both clocking in at apprx 50% each. This, of course, locks everything else up, so I can't perform HijackThis or anything else. Can't "end process" of explorer, and "end process" of svchost and you get the good old "shutting down in 10...9...8...7...etc,etc,etc". I need some suggestions guys!!! Help!!! :tazz:

Advertisements

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Go HERE and download Stinger, then have it run. It will take awhile, but it may kill some of the virus' on the hd.

makai