Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

internet explorer error only on hotmail

• Please log in to reply

glendap

glendap

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
I have been receiving an error on internet explorer for quite a while. When I get the error I get teh yellow triangle on the bottom of my page but I only get it on my email pages. When I have it I cannot delete my email by clicking empty or anything I have to open each one and manually delete. I have been able to fix teh error by repairing explorer but that stopped working. Then I downloaded ccleaner and ran it and it would get rid of the error. But now nothing is working and it is getting pretty bothersome since my junkmail will not delete itself in 24 hours either and I have to open them all to delete. Does anyone know of anyway I could fix this?? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Advertisements

glendap

glendap

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
There are 2 errors on my hotmail I just found the other. The other says
Line 7
Char 163
error tagname is null.

Does anyone have any idea on ho to help me fix this. I have ran my antivirus and adaware to make sure nothing showed up and it came out clean. I am having a really hard time with this because the only way to empty my junkmail now is to open each one and delete and then that causes me to get more junk and I am afraid of opening a virus or something. Usually junk empties itself in 24 hours but with this error it does not and it is starting to get full. Please someone help if you can. I am running ME if that helps but my sister and sister-in-law are still having this problem also and they run XP.

MsMystic

MsMystic

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
I had the exact same problem. I e-mailed msn for help and they sent me an e-mail that told me how to fix it. Wish I had saved it now. Try e-mailing support tho because apparently a lot of people have had this problem. Mine is fixed now and I only get the error if I try to click something on the page before it has completely loaded. Hopefully MSN can help you did like they did me

glendap

glendap

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Thanks for the reply. I emailed MSN , Hotmail, and Internet Explorer. All said it wasn't an error on their part and only way to get help would be for me to pay for help. I don't understand who it is I am supposed to pay for the help though. This problem is so frustrating. If you were to remember how to fix this or come across someone who knows please let me know. I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks,
Glenda

MsMystic

MsMystic

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
hmmm. I will tell you how I e-mailed them just in case it is different from how you did it. Maybe if it is then hopefully you will get a better response from them. Open hotmail and click on the help link next to the options. Then choose recent customer questions. Then choose Why do I get page not found or other errors. At the bottom of that window 3 lines below the search bar is a contact us link. Click that and fill out that form. That form is the same one I filled out. It took 3 days for me to get a response But I did get one. Hopefully you will too

glendap

glendap

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Thank you very much. I followed your directions. I have posted on 2 different forums and so far you are the only one who has tried to help. I really appreciate it. I will let you know if they contact me back and the results will be this time, lol. Again thank you very much.

rconner

rconner

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I was having same error.

I figured out the following setting that corrected my problem.

In the Internet Options goto the Advanced tab, under the browsing section,
turn off (uncheck) display a notification about every script.

Now Im able to function in hotmail.

Hope this helps!

Rich

rconner

rconner

• Pip
  • 3 posts
sorry spoke too soon, it worked there for a bit but getting the runtime error again.

Receiving this anytime I run the mouse over any of the options in hotmail. I ran noadaware, adaware, & spybot didn't find anything.

If you find anything please post & i'll do the same.

Thanks
Rich

glendap

glendap

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
I have CCLEANER installed on my pc and i found a solution to the problem. Only one set back it only lasts a little while and comes back. I run the cleaner and I always have one problem found in my active x that says top header and foot header and i can click to fix it and it will take away the error for a couple of days at least until I can delete all teh junkmail that accumulates and can't delete with the error unless you open each email and manually delete which really bothers me to do. I am afraid I will open a virus or something doing so. Maybe you can try that quick fix also. I will add the download for the cleaner in case you don't have it or somehting. Let me know if this helps you out. I know how bothersome this problem is. Mine just came back also about 10 minutes ago. Thanks.

http://www.download....4-10315544.html

I hope this might help you out.

rconner

rconner

• Pip
  • 3 posts
thanks i'll try it out the program.

The weird problem with this. I experimented, and I logged in with a different email address on the affected pc and there were no errors. Also, if I login on using another computer, it works fine.

Seems that this bug is only affecting one email address.

Edited by rconner, 15 August 2005 - 04:20 PM.

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
What version of IE are you all using? The latest version is IE6SP1 and if you don't have it you may need to update to be able to handle all the script on pages. You can just Google for it.

glendap

glendap

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
I have internet explorer sp 1 and tools it says.