Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

External Floppy Drive

• Please log in to reply

mas0

mas0

• Pip
  • 1 posts
yes my laptop with windows 98 second edition crashed, i had an external floppy drive that i used, and i have a disk with important information on there which cannot be viewed now because of it. the floppy disk doesn't work with xp, it ask if i want to format it, which i dont because i dont want to lose info. i know i can plug the external up to the desktop im on, and i know ill need drivers for it. where can i get such these drivers. the laptop cd drive is broken, so ill have to wait for awhile to get a new one and put the windows disk in to reinstall windows. the floppy disk read on the external drive with 98se on my laptop, but doesnt work with the desktop im on with windows xp. i was wondering if it would read my floppy disk with an external usb floppy drive, or if i can find the drivers for the external with parallel port to make it work

Advertisements