Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer Restarting?

• Please log in to reply

Zanax

Zanax

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Ok well..first off..my computer restarts just outta nowhere out of the blue sometimes..i just got a new PC..ok well i had an older computer a week ago..a gateway it was a good computer other then the fact that it was gateway..but it would have the same restart problem..and whenever i ran a p2p or torrent download it would increase the probability of restarting..i couldnt download for 20 mins without it restarting..well now i have a new comp and it was fine for the first few days then it restarted once..now as of yesterday its been restarting like mad..usually when i go into a game of Age of Empires the chance of restarting increases like mad..i cant play a game for 15 minuts without it restarting usually..then one time it restarted and a messege from ATI came up and said "The ATI Control Panel failed
toinitialize because no ATI driver is installed, or ATI driver is not
working properly. The ATI Control Panel will now exit". well i reinstalled my graphics drivers and all that..but it still says it..also sometimes i go into a game and it will close and have an error report..it never did that before..could it be because of my router? or my box gets to hot? it stays at 40 degrees C. so i dunno..im not sure that its my graphics card but this is my card..ATI
Radeon Xtasy 256MB PCI Express x16 X700. i have a 160 GB hard drive. ASUS A8N-SLI delux motherboard.. and my case is a Tsunami Dream Thermaltake. if you need any moreinformation ill be checking up on here, thanks alot.

Advertisements

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Turn off the auto reboot so that your computer generates an error message instead of restarting.

Johanna

Zanax

Zanax

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
how do i do that? lol

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Control Panel>System>Advanced>Start Up & Recovery> Settings