Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MSSvc.exe Error Message on Reboot

• Please log in to reply

catsjam

catsjam

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Error signature

SzAppName: MSSvc.exe szAppVer: 0.0.0.0 szModName: unknown

szModver: 0.0.0.0 offset:00000000

It happend right after I did the windows service pack 1 update. What does it mean exactly and what are some methods I can use to get rid of it?

:tazz:

Edited by catsjam, 07 August 2005 - 07:16 AM.

Advertisements

Press2Esc

Press2Esc

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
If you click to view the technical info on the error, you will likely see they are referencing files in your Temp folder. You can delete everything that you find
there. If you are still having a related problem, I would also check the startup items and eliminate extraneous files from starting.

Good Luck

P2E

catsjam

catsjam

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Well I followed the path to my documents & settings/admin/ temp folder and deleated the few files in there. It seemed to have worked. Atleast I don't get the error anymore.

I also checked in my windows /temp folder- and found a ton of files. Is it ok to deleate all the files in that folder as well since it is a "TEMP" folder anyways right???

A-Bomb

wildrex

wildrex

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Process File: mssvc or mssvc.exe
Process Name: Tucows StealthDisk Service

Description:
mssvc.exe is a process associated with the StealthDisk application used for hiding and encrypting files and folders. This program is a non-essential system process, but should not be terminated unless suspected to be causing problems.
Note!
This process may also be associated with the NEGASMS.A TROJAN!