Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

COD UO. High Ping

• Please log in to reply

CrownRoyal

CrownRoyal

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Thanks for attemting to help.

I live in Euless, TX. I live in an apartment where I get internet from my neighbor via wireless internet. I could connect and play with a ping of 50 and lower for about 3 weeks. One day i go to COD UO Multyplayer like I always do and just a few servers poped up. The ones that came up were pings of 400 and higher. If i tried to connect to the high pinged servers i got the .....1 (This server is for high ping players only) I try the /reconnect and it still dosnt work. This has been going on now for 2 weeks.

What I have tried.

I've tried disableing my norton fire wall, and windows fire wall with no luck.
I've shut down my counterspy program with no luck.
I've tried doing direct connect by typing in the Ip of the server and still get the same message.
I've tried filtering servers ya know all of that stuff.

Questions you may ask?

Don't know if my neighbor has a router. And if he does don't know what kind it is.

any ways I'm connected to the internet and can surf the net pretty fast. I just can't get any of the servers to pop up in multyplayer. And the ones that do are high ping !! and i can't join those either. Every once in a while I can, but my ping is so high its not worth playing.

Help !!! I need to nade someone soon !! lol thanks

Running Windows XP Media center.

Advertisements