Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Intell32.exe / psguard

• Please log in to reply

Basil-Del

Basil-Del

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am having trouble with PSGuard and intell32.exe. After searching with Google, I found your site . I tried the following items several times (smitRem, Ad-aware SE, CWShredder, Spybot S&D, and TrojanHunter). I cannot run the online scans, nor can I run a Windows update. WHen I attempt to do so, I get the message "Your current security settings prohibit running ActiveX controls on this page." I have set my IE Security settings for Internet to Medium, but still get the same message.

Most recently, I ran CWShredder in Normal Mode (as opposed to Safe Mode) and deleted the issue it detected...CWS.HiddenDLL. Now I get an error when I start Windows. I can still get in, however.

My Hijack This log file follows. Thank you for the help:

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 12:05:22 PM, on 8/7/05
Platform: Windows 98 SE (Win9x 4.10.2222A)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 (6.00.2600.0000)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\KERNEL32.DLL
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSGSRV32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MPREXE.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\mmtask.tsk
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSTASK.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\TASKMON.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SYSTRAY.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\RUNDLL32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\INTELL32.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\IOMEGA\TOOLS\IMGICON.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\BRODERBUND\MAVIS BEACON TEACHES TYPING 12 STANDARD\MINIMAVIS.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\HIGHJACK THIS\HIJACKTHIS.EXE

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = res://C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\se.dll/space.html
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = about:blank
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = res://C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\se.dll/space.html
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = about:blank
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = about:blank
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = about:blank
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,HomeOldSP = about:blank
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,HomeOldSP = about:blank
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHELPER.DLL
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSDXM.OCX
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ScanRegistry] C:\WINDOWS\scanregw.exe /autorun
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TaskMonitor] C:\WINDOWS\taskmon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SystemTray] SysTray.Exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LoadPowerProfile] Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [siscolor] color.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVSCHED32] C:\PROGRAM FILES\AVPERSONAL\AVSCHED32.EXE /min
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVGCtrl] C:\PROGRAM FILES\AVPERSONAL\AVGCTRL.EXE /min
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [THGuard] C:\Program Files\TrojanHunter 4.2\THGuard.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [sp] rundll32 C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\SE.DLL,DllInstall
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [intell32.exe] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\intell32.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PSGuard] C:\Program Files\PSGuard\PSGuard.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [LoadPowerProfile] Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [SchedulingAgent] mstask.exe
O4 - Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OSA9.EXE
O4 - Startup: AntiVir Guard.lnk = C:\Program Files\AVPersonal\AVGCTRL.EXE
O4 - Startup: IomegaWare.lnk = C:\Program Files\Iomega\IomegaWare\Commander.exe
O4 - Startup: Iomega QuikSync.lnk = C:\Program Files\Iomega\QuikSync\QuikSync.exe
O4 - Startup: Iomega Icons.lnk = C:\Program Files\Iomega\Tools\imgicon.exe
O4 - Startup: Iomega Startup Options.lnk = C:\Program Files\Iomega\Tools\imgstart.exe
O4 - Startup: MiniMavis.lnk = C:\Program Files\Broderbund\Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing 12 Standard\MiniMavis.exe
O9 - Extra button: AOL Instant Messenger (SM) - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\AIM95\AIM.EXE
O12 - Plugin for .mov: C:\PROGRA~1\INTERN~1\PLUGINS\npqtplugin.dll
O16 - DPF: {6D5FCFCB-FA6C-4CFB-9918-5F0A9F7365F2} (GigexCtrl ActiveX) - http://www.gigex.com.../gigexagent.dll
O16 - DPF: {A28DAC07-0D34-4A90-A0E6-CEE27208C86D} (CWDL_DownLoadControl Class) - http://www.callwave....DL_DownLoad.cab
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\VxD\MSTCP: NameServer = 209.137.160.7,209.137.160.3

Advertisements

bricat

bricat

Visiting Staff

• Visiting Consultant
  • 645 posts
Welcome to the Geeks To Go forum.:tazz:

Step 1

Download SmitRem.zip and save the file to your desktop. <----download this latest version
Right click on the file and extract it to it's own folder on the desktop.

Step 2

Place a shortcut to Panda ActiveScan on your desktop.

Step 3

If you have not already installed Ad-Aware SE 1.06, follow the download and setup instructions here.
Otherwise, check for updates and download any new reference files before closing the program. We'll use it in Safe Mode later.

Step 4

Please download SpSeHjfix

Close any open programs.
Run SpSeHjfix and click on "Start Disinfection".
When it's finished it will reboot your machine to finish the cleaning process.
The tool creates a log of the fix which will appear in the new folder.

Once rebooted, run SpSeHjfix again.

Step 5

Then boot up in SAFE MODE

Run HJT again and checkmark the boxes next to the following:-

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = res://C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\se.dll/space.html
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = about:blank
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = res://C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\se.dll/space.html
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = about:blank
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = about:blank
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = about:blank
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,HomeOldSP = about:blank
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,HomeOldSP = about:blank
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [sp] rundll32 C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\SE.DLL,DllInstall
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [intell32.exe] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\intell32.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PSGuard] C:\Program Files\PSGuard\PSGuard.exe

Close ALL OPEN WINDOWS/BROWSERS and click Fix Checked

Then navigate to and delete these files\folders in BOLD

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\intell32.exe

Step 6

Open the SmitRem folder and double click the RunThis.bat file to start the tool. Follow the prompts on screen.
Wait for the tool to complete and disk cleanup to finish.

Step 7

Open Ad-aware and do a full system scan. Remove all it finds.

Step 6

Next go to your Control Panel and click Display | Desktop | Customise Desktop | Website | Uncheck "Security Info" if present.

Reboot back into Windows and click the Panda ActiveScan shortcut, and do a full system scan.
Make sure the autoclean box is checked!
Save the scan log and post it along with a new HijackThis Log and Ewido Log in your next reply to THIS thread. Let me know if any problems persist.