Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

comcast toolbar

• Please log in to reply

spencer9812

spencer9812

• PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
i installed my comcast toolbar yesterday i ran the setup, the toolbar installed successfully, then it opened IE to show the toolbar and it didnt show up then i went to view>toolbars>comcast toolbar on Ie and it was unchecked i went there again and clicked on it (to recheck it) it never came up. I right clicked to the right on the other toolbars the comcast toolbar was unchecked and was not showing. When i went the guest account on my computer it showed up but of coarse not on mine!

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
do you have admin rights under your account? I am assuming you do. Sometimes software likes to be installed under the default administrator account.

spencer9812

spencer9812

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
yes i do

Trish8574

Trish8574

• Pip
  • 9 posts
I downloaded the comcast toolbar on my laptop and it worked geat......but when I did it on my laptop its not there....I have it in my add and remove programs but when I go to the view tab and then toolbars its not there...does anyone know why this would happen and I can fix it and get it to be there??????

spencer9812

spencer9812

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
trish8574 post a new topic and not on my topic thank you!

Trish8574

Trish8574

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Does it really matter???????????

spencer9812

spencer9812

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
i guess not just letting u know that no one has replied to my post in a while

phatkroger10

phatkroger10

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
something you might wanna check is go to view, toolbars, then have the lock toolbars unchecked and move the one furthest right to the left and see if anything comes up. if not contact me :tazz:

Trish8574

Trish8574

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Thank you for your help...but it I still can't get it...I even uninstalled and installed it again and still nothing!!! Do you know of anything else it could be????

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
uninstall it. login as a different user that has admin rights. install it. reboot and login as yourself and see if it works. if it doesn't then try google or msn.

Advertisements

Trish8574

Trish8574

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Thanks for the info....But I just did all that and still no luck!!!! I just don't understand the problem....It works just fine on my laptop................ :tazz:

spencer9812

spencer9812

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
k thanks it didnt work but im using msn and google.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
the only other thing you can do is go to your comcast home page and go through thier help system.

spencer9812

spencer9812

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
i did but no help im using google which is working fine.

Trish8574

Trish8574

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Hey Spencer....
I posted my problem in another thread and it helped my problem...It is working just fine now!!! This is what someone wrote that helped me!!! Hope it works for you as well!!!

I want you to try two things....first, in IE, TOOLS > INTERNET OPTIONS > ADVANCED tab, look for ENABLE THIRD PARTY BROWSER EXTENSIONS

If it is NOT checked, check it, close IE, then restart.

If it is Checked, uncheck it, close IE, then restart, then open IE, go back and check, close it restart.

If that does not work, go to TOOLS > MANAGE ADD-ONS...choose each and DISABLE them, close IE. Open IE, go back and re-enable.....