Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Watercooling

• Please log in to reply

unknown error

unknown error

• PipPip
  • 63 posts
Ok my gpu has been getting very hot lately even idleing and mainly while playing any sort of game that has a medium to heavy load. So I was gonna try out water cooling to see if that will help cool it down.

So I was wondering if you had any suggestions on which cooling kit to go with from $100-$350 or so. I was thinking about the EXOS-2 [http://www.xoxide.co...-2-silver.html] from koolance and a block for my cpu and video card. [video card block: http://www.xoxide.co...06--cooler.html] [cpu: http://www.xoxide.co...v10-cooler.html]

Would that do it :tazz: or do you guys suggest somthing else. And what else would I need ? accessories?

Advertisements

OneCool

OneCool

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts
Whats your room temp?

unknown error

unknown error

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
Its around 70ish

OneCool

OneCool

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts
http://www.koolance....products_id=168

I had one of there older models...Koolance is great for the Watercooling beginner :tazz:

unknown error

unknown error

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
How do you know if you computer is ATX ? It says EXOS2 is compatible with an ATX computer

OneCool

OneCool

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts

How do you know if you computer is ATX ? It says EXOS2 is compatible with an ATX computer

View Post

Well...give some spec's?

You should have a ATX setup

unknown error

unknown error

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
CD/Drive: Sony Internal 16X DVD+/-RW / Double Layer Drive Black, Model DW-D22A-B2, OEM

Heatsink: Thermaltake SILENT BOOST For AMD Opteron and Athlon 64 (All Copper)

HD's (2): Western Digital 80GB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive, Model WD1600JD

Memory (2): Corsair XMS Extreme Memory Speed Series, (Twin Pack) 184 Pin 1GB(512MBx2) DDR PC-3200

Motherboard: Abit "FATAL1TY AN8" nForce4 Chipset Motherboard For AMD Socket 939 CPU

Power Supply: Thermaltake W0014 Silent Purepower 480W with Black housing - Xaser Edition ATX 2-Fan Power Supply

Processor:AMD Athlon 64 3800+, Socket 939, 512KB L2 Cache 64-bit Processor

Sound Card: Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS GAMER Limited Edition PCI Sound Card, Model "SB0350" -RETAIL

Video Card: SAPPHIRE ATI RADEON X850 XT Video Card, 256MB GDDR3, 256-Bit, DVI/TV-Out, PCI-Express, Model "100106"

unknown error

unknown error

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
I purchased it. Thanks

tenbroya

tenbroya

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
Yeah thats Definately an ATX setup.

Tenbroya

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
The asetek water cooling kits get the best reviews as well as the swiftech kits, exos ones have a reputation for being noisy.

unknown error

unknown error

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
If you run fans at full speed yes, its loud but noise is not a factor for me. And im a beginner with watercooling so i need something simple

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Well you wont find that with an exos kit, i have a recent lab test of the 10 most popular water cooling systems in front of me. And the easiest to install kit(The exos 1 and 2 kits were both rated as not bad too install but thats stll harder than easy) was the swiftech h20-120-fk rated easy for installation and the "best money can buy for athlon 64" also has a universal fan mounting so any fan mount size will fit it, quiter with more performance and easier to install and more imporantly cheaper you would be off your nut to get an exos over that. The exos didnt even get a mention in the conclusions at the end of the report

The lab test is online http://www.custompc.co.uk/ go to product reviews> labs >water cooling kits

OneCool

OneCool

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts
Trust me! I didnt read about it.I used it and its very simple and straight forward.

Just read the website info and follow the manual :tazz:

unknown error

unknown error

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Well you wont find that with an exos kit, i have a recent lab test of the 10 most popular water cooling systems in front of me. And the easiest to install kit(The exos 1 and 2 kits were both rated as not bad too install but thats stll harder than easy) was the swiftech h20-120-fk rated easy for installation and the "best money can buy for athlon 64" also has a universal fan mounting so any fan mount size will fit it, quiter with more performance and easier to install and more imporantly cheaper you would be off your nut to get an exos over that. The exos didnt even get a mention in the conclusions at the end of the report

*never mind I googled and found it.*

Edited by unknown error, 20 August 2005 - 05:25 PM.