Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Printing the ACTUAL image size

• Please log in to reply

xp_erience

xp_erience

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
This question goes out to everyone who has ever touched or knows of the HP photosmarts.

I recently got myself a clearanced (and then further reduced in price) brand new HP Photosmart 8450. Awesome printer. Does a great job, especially for 70$, despite my future ink costs.. whatever.--

My question is: HOW on earth do i print out an image at its ON SCREEN size?? Its actual size. Like, when i open up an image in PhotoShop, it tells me its size, right.. 3in x 4.8in, for example.

But when i try to PRINT the image --- and i just want to print it at its regular onscreen actual size --- the [bleep] printer/printer driver/windows?? wont let me print out the image except in one of 20 arbitrary (and traditional) sizes.

HOW do i print what i want to print at its actual size?? Anyone know of a good program or something??

I am completely baffled why it should be so difficult to print something at the size and quality that the darn image original starts off as on your computer.

Even a 4x6, for instance, would make my crystal clear 3x4.8 look like crap.

Ideas? Please help. I hate not having print freedom. :tazz:

Thanks

X

Advertisements