Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

outlook express 6.0

• Please log in to reply

jdmopar

jdmopar

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I was recently given a computer that has been on a high speed internet connection. I don't have access to high speed. My problem is, I cannot find outlook express (OE) on the computer. Internet explorer is there and it works fine. When it was hooked up to a high speed service provider was the OE turned off some how? I have down loaded OE and tried to install it but I get a message telling me that the version of internet explorer on my computer is more recent than the one I am trying to install. I upgraded the computer to MS 98se hoping it would install OE, but still no OE. Do I have to reformat my hard drive?

Thanks, JDMOPAR

Edited by jdmopar, 08 August 2005 - 12:05 PM.

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
OE is part of the IE6SP1 download package. If you reinstall IE you should be able to get OE with it.

Check in Add/Remove programs, Windows and you may be able to enable it there. You may need the installation files. If the person who gave the the computer still has the disk you could download the files to your computer, they are in the folder win98. That way you will always have them when you need to install drivers or a program and won't need the disk. You can get them from any Windows 98 or 98SE disk. They may already be in the hard drive too.

Edited by Tyger, 08 August 2005 - 12:46 PM.