Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

wireless card install question

• Please log in to reply

chiv1984

chiv1984

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hi am helping a friend try to figure out what wireless card or options she has to install on her PC. She has just moved into a place and they have wireless internet set up and her PC is a little older.

I tried googling but i couldnt find out much about her computer model or what kind of slots she might have or what card she could use. I told her to write down everything she had on her computer (and she had put stickers on it so i dont know if she got everything or had covered anything up)

Here is all the info i could get about it.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dell Desktop

serial:0jew2
model:mmp
mfgdate: 05-13-99
DP/N 00037490 Rev.A00
volts: 115/230
amps: 6.0/3.0A
HZ: 60/50
IC class B ICE8-3
FCC class: B
Ref num: 97053
and it's a Dell Optiplex GX1

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
If its got a pci slot then most any pci wifi card will do or if she has a free usb port then a usb wifi stick will do the job as well.