Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

What's the dopiest thing you've done?

• Please log in to reply

SoccerDad

SoccerDad

• PipPipPip
  • 190 posts
As I was cleaning the 12 cups of coffee off the floor (and of course under the fridge where most of it found a nice new home) this morning 'cause some wanker didn't put the coffee urn back on the maker after filling with water (umm, OK, that wanker would be me :tazz: ;) ), I briefly reflected on some of the other dopey things I've done over my lifespan. It wasn't a pretty mental picture :)

What are some of your "dopiest moments"?

Be well, SD

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
#3 was when i almost cut my arm off trying to jump a fence

#2 was when i stood just a little too close to some thermite that i had just lit, and melted my shoes to the sidewalk

#1 was when i trustingly allowed my brother to pull me (on my bike) along side my grandfather's truck (going 35 down a gravel/oyster shell covered road)...needless to say...front tire went sideways...face smashed into ground...truck ran over foot....gravel entered my face in a forcefull maner....and i said hello to my first major concussion

edit : by the way pops...good idea for a post :tazz:

Edited by dsenette, 09 August 2005 - 10:51 AM.

Justin

Justin

I do a little bit of everything

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts
This probably wasnt my fault, but its the best story I have.

In 8th grade, I was in Student Council, and we took a trip to Old Tucson's Nightfall (halloween thing)

And in one of the haunted houses, some freak sprayed me with pepperspray right in my face. I told our guide that my face was burning and he was like "Ok, we are almost done with the haunted house" and he kept going on with the tour. We go out of the haunted house, and they call for the EMTs and basically all I do is wash my face off. Then we walk aroun, and one of my friends sees the person who sprayed me, so we get security, and the guy gets arrested! He had a huge can of pepper spray on him, and he was wearing a yellow jacket. Stupid move on his part. :tazz:

don77

don77

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 18,526 posts
I told my wife she was wrong once :tazz:

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!!!!! congratulations don

SoccerDad

SoccerDad

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts
Bawhahahah....well done Don!!!

cya, SD

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
LMAO don. Haven't I taught you better than that, yet??? :tazz: YOur poor wife!! I'll be sending her some chocolate soon.

Let the record show that I have never done anything dopy in my life........that I will be sharing here.

dyserq

dyserq

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
Wow
I really can not recall all my dopiest moments, i don't think that i have had any, i lead a quite and somewhat boring life, school and computers, takes up the majority of my life
So there is really nothing interesting happening at all, i have no life outside the cyberworld ...

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*
Walked into a parked car lol.

Well I was not watchin where I was going :tazz:

RockyIV

RockyIV

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts

I told my wife she was wrong once  :tazz:

View Post

LMAO!! HAHA!! NICE ONE!!
Regards RockyIV

Advertisements

jasper the rasper

jasper the rasper

• PipPipPip
  • 867 posts

I told my wife she was wrong once

:tazz: ;) :)
You as well. We should be taught at school about this in domestic bliss lessons.

One of the most stupid things I ever did, many years ago, was to put about 2 pints of hot chip pan fat onto an open fire which was lit. It certainly cleaned the chimney out. The contents of which were instantly blown out and covered all the cars in a neighbouring pub car park.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Apart from the miriad of intoxications that come with eing a teenager nowadays . Well being well over 6 feet tall walking in to [bleep] near everything is an everpresent woe. Once i wasnt paying attention in a hockey game and ran full pelt into the guy with the ball i was fine he had concussion. When i was 8 i put my finger in a empty light socket i had just taken a blown bulb out of to see if it was on, same year i stroked my pet goldfish burned the poor thing. In my short 18 years i have done an unbelievable amount of stupid things.

somepeoplearebornleet

somepeoplearebornleet

• PipPip
  • 60 posts
lol what funny stories. Mines was i basically wrecked a portion on my upper house.
We were doing construction work and i fell right through the roof. I land on my sweet ;) but i was ok. After that i wrecked my dads car by pushing the wheel a lil bit too hard. Another time i accidently fried my whole workstation. Everything went up in lights and i can hear the sirens coming for mee..... ahhh :tazz:

I AM A CLUTZ, HEAR ME ROAR :)

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*

lol what funny stories. Mines was i basically wrecked a portion on my upper house.
We were doing construction work and i fell right through the roof. I land on my sweet  ;)  but i was ok. After that i wrecked my dads car by pushing the wheel a lil bit too hard. Another time i accidently fried my whole workstation. Everything went up in lights and i can hear the sirens coming for mee..... ahhh  :tazz:

I AM A CLUTZ, HEAR ME ROAR  :)

View Post

[bleep] if any one did that to my computer... the person better run lol :( :( . My computer my girlfriend brought me when i was doing a course.

But teching some people how to hack and the risks of it etc. But I dont do the hacking any more, illegal things.

But now I teach about computer security, both on the internet and on the workstation it self.

somepeoplearebornleet

somepeoplearebornleet

• PipPip
  • 60 posts
Ah that time it was not my fault as the power supply was faulty... or some electrical power! Well water did the trick... and a prompt refund. :tazz: