Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

What's the dopiest thing you've done?

• Please log in to reply

jt1990

jt1990

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts
OK, my turn again...

Last year I bought my first car. A 1988 Volvo 240 DL, without a working gas gauge or odometer. I always kept careful tabs on where I went so I didn't run out of gas. Well, long story short, driving home from college one night (about an hour and a half drive) I didn't keep so careful a tab. And I ran out of gas. I didn't have a spare gas tank, but thankfully when we (me and the friend I was with) put the hazard lights on, a sheriff came up behind us and asked if we needed help. She offered to take me into the next town so I could get a gas tank and put enough gas in my car to get me to the town. So she and I drove off. I went to a convenience store, and they sold me a gas can, but they didn't have any gas. So I went out to the other store across the street that *did* have some gas. Without paying for the can. I remembered just after I had got into the sheriff's truck, and I said "oh, I suppose I should go pay for this." and she said "you didn't pay for it??" I got out and paid for it. :)

Edited by jt1990, 29 September 2008 - 01:12 PM.

Advertisements

MatrixEquilibrium

MatrixEquilibrium

• PipPipPip
  • 329 posts
Interesting and funny stories, I've read every single one of them.

Makes me wonder if this site is secure after all...

:) just kidding

Here's one I don't mind sharing...

I was sick for about two days, and it worsened by the day, but I had an exam in one of my classes, which starts at 7pm and ends at 8:30. So I wake up on the third day, and look at the clock: 6:58 - the college is about 10 minutes away. I hurry up and get my clothes changed, wash my face, take a pill (MEDICINE, lol) and get in my car, wondering why the neighborhood is so silent. My neighbor's Lincoln, which is usually gone in the morning and is back at midnight, was still there. My brother's car was in the driveway, and my father's car was in the front of the house. I was trying to figure out if it was actually Wednesday or not, perhaps I slept for an extra day and missed the exam. I looked at my phone: 7:05. I look at the calendar and it's Wednesday. Now I'm confused as ever. But I think, "Well, it's probably because I'm sick."

I drive to college, and the parking lot is almost empty....

I'm almost dying of confusion here. I must've made a simple, stupid mistake. I just must have.

I park the car, walk towards the Liberal Arts building, and go inside. It's quiet and eerie. Then I notice something...

I go back outside and look at the sky. The sun is on the wrong side.

lol

It was 7 AM

I just stare at the sky for a few minutes, wondering if I had ever done anything stupider in my life.

Then I start laughing (and coughing) - and walk back to my car. I drive back home, and my neighbor's Lincoln is gone. My brother's in the driveway backing up to go to work. I felt so stupid, I opened up my MS word document "My Journal", and added in an entry because I thought it was worth it. It would've been funnier for me if I hadn't been sick - but it was probably the dumbest thing I've ever done, especially since I was alone.

Don't think of me any stupider, I was ILL. :)

MatrixEquilibrium

MatrixEquilibrium

• PipPipPip
  • 329 posts
By the way, I had a perfect score on that exam.

CompooterDummy

CompooterDummy

Troll

• PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
I was getting my hair cut at home, by a friend and retrieved my shampoo from the bathroom to wash my hair in the kitchen sink. The next day I couldn't find my shampoo. I finally looked under the bathroom sink and there was a quart of milk. Suddenly, I realized where my shampoo was. After we cut my hair, I got a glass of milk and somewhere in my absent-minded world, the shampoo got put in the refrigerator and the milk under the bathroom sink (the shower was occupied when I went to put up what I thought was my shampoo, so I put what I thought was my shampoo under the bathroom sink.

ComputerNutjob

ComputerNutjob

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

I told my wife she was wrong once :)

For the future don, you can be right or you can be happy.

For me, the dopiest thing I've done is fallen off a swinging chair swing, and when I got my head up it swung back and K.O.ed me for ten minutes. :)

Edited by ComputerNutjob, 10 September 2009 - 02:48 PM.

snowchick7669

snowchick7669

• PipPipPip
  • 497 posts
I've done some stupid things in my day but I'll refrain, I've had enough flak from my family/friends over the years :) We got into more mischief then my mum would be able to physically handle (dad encouraged it)

Most of my broken bones involve me being stupid but I'll mention my first/worst break as I never really tell the full story of it because its just that ridiculous.

I had spent the morning playing Playstation, I can't remember what game it was but I think it was Kingdom Hearts? But it was stimulating with plenty of action for a young tender kid of 10. Afterward my dad wanted me to help feed out the silage to the deer on the farm, so we naturally got the tractor and I was the 'gate opener' as usual. Since I was totally amped up from my gaming experience, I was trying to pretend that I was still playing but in real life :)

I attempted a running jump down the hill and onto the tractor trailer while it was already moving (of course). Needless to say, I landed on the trailer but thanks to physics I was propelled backward at an extremely fast rate. I managed to put my arm out to save myself, and neatly snapped the bone completely in half, which looked rather exciting. Thankfully I went into shock so I felt nothing :)

I had 2 lots of surgery to straighten/place my arm, then 6 weeks in a full arm cast and 4 more weeks in a wrist cast. It just so happened that I did this in the first week of the school summer holidays and had to sit outside the pool for the full 2 months of summer

Lesson learned about influential games :). My mum actually watched the whole 'running down the hill scene/aftermath' from the kitchen window, I suspect her facial expression would have been priceless

Edited by snowchick7669, 27 September 2009 - 07:28 PM.

Cold Titanium

Cold Titanium

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,735 posts
I suppose that explains your avatar....

snowchick7669

snowchick7669

• PipPipPip
  • 497 posts
Haha, haven't you heard of Postal?

Surely..

tech475

tech475

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I slapped a girl's behind thinking it was my gf at the mall. The girl who got slapped wasn't too happy. She slapped the heck out of my face.

It was an honest mistake.

Chopin

Chopin

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts
Ouch, man. That's not nice! :)

On some days, I feel like the dopiest thing I've ever done is waking up. I felt like crap and it only went downhill from there :)

Advertisements

laxshman

laxshman

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
In 8th grade, i was down at the Sunshine coast in queensland, and i saw people jumping off a bridge, so i decided it looked like fun. it didn't look very high up, so i jumped; only then did i realise that everybody else had bungie cords and/or were surfers with ridiculous haircuts. i ended up hitting a small rock and landing on a baby stingray, which broke my fall :) its after accidents like that, you decide to stop jumping off bridges.

crooz

crooz

• PipPipPip
  • 412 posts
There isn't ANY dopiest thing that I've ever done in general... I'm just a DOPE, and that's it! :)

crooz

crooz

• PipPipPip
  • 412 posts
I'm wondering... do dopes have the same qualifications and/or status as nerds and geeks? :)

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
No - and don't get confused about nerds and geeks. I'm a geek, but definitely not a nerd.

MrDarn

MrDarn

• PipPip
  • 95 posts
Been a while since this topic was posted too, but i'm gonna add mine, as its Fairly Disgusting!

Picture the scene: Late summer in Northern England. A young man, not long turned 18, out for the 4th or 5th time on the drink with "the lads".

The way fashion was back then, it involved White shoes, White pants and a white shirt. (Yeah, yeah, i know! I SAID I KNOW!!!!)

Anyways, the first pint in hand, one of the lads let one go. Yes, i mean he 'floated an air biscuit', 'Trouser Coughed', or any of the other ways you can describe a 'poop'.

Not to be outdone, Friend #2 strained and let out quite a good attempt.

Now, i'm ALWAYS up for a challenge, so after a few minutes, the bravado kicked in, and in my best Geordie accent, i said: Hey, Lads! Get your ears round this!

In my best Sumo Stance, i strained, and let rip.

Little did i know, but a bug was going round, and the large expanse of air i was sure was about to be expelled, was actually the most watery, smelly, extensive pocket of diarrhoea you have ever clasped eyes on.

Yes, i can see you all scrolling back, because you remember, and of course your right in your memory... i had WHITE jeans on.

But, true to being a Geordie, i was home, showered, changed and back in the pub with BLUE jeans on, in less than 45 minutes! Ahhh to be young again!