Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

microcity4less - oes software

• Please log in to reply

brookwood

brookwood

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi, I'm looking for advice. I bought Windows XP Home (OES) from Microcity4Less.com. The software arrived in a package that says packaged for sale only with a new computer. The CD as well says that it is only a recovery CD for a new computer (there is actually a second CD below this one but I cannot see what it says b/c I don't want to open the packaging until I have figured this out). I even paid more to get a COA with it and the package says any COA should not come as part of package but should already be on the computer that this is supposed to be sold with. Not only that but, while I ordered Home edition and the packing slip reflects this, both the COA and the CD are for Pro edition.

Generally the whole thing just stinks of piracy. I am worried that sending the package back for refund I will never hear from the company again. As well, I paid $9 for s/h and supposedly they charge a restocking fee (on the chance that I do hear back at all). I am considering talking to my credit card company and having them cancel the charge, as well as reporting the company to the BBB.

I was surprised however, that this company is a listed seller on PCWorld and such sites. Am I missing something?

I would like to know before I do any of this reporting/charge cancelling if I am all wet, or even if I'm not, if there is a better way to go about this. Please advice quickly if you can so that I do not wait too long before reporting to my credit card company. Thanks so much.

Advertisements

Munchausen

Munchausen

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I, too, am seriously concerned about MicroCity4Less's prices, etc. Have you learned anything since your posting? Before I plunk down my hard-earned money, I want to learn all I can about this vendor.

Thank you in advance and I wish you good luck.