Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cannot Log Out Of Any Websites

• Please log in to reply

thegiant

thegiant

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello as regular user of the internet i log into many different sites but just recently my pc crashed and when i got it running again i logged into a website and i when i tried logging out i couldnt do so my name was still showing me as logged in i think it has something to do with cookies but i have tried everything i jus want to be able to log in and out of sites without having to keep on deleting temporary files all the time can anybody help ?
thanks

Advertisements

thegiant

thegiant

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
can anybody help ?

Logic_Overflow

Logic_Overflow

• PipPip
  • 63 posts
Well, in my opinion it is a good thing to delete the Temporary Internet Files on a regular basis or else you'll be running on Cache.

Also, try doing this and see if it helps out...

These instructions are assuming you are running IE 6.0,

1) Go to Tools
2) Click on Internet Options
3) Look for where it says Temporary Internet Files
4) Click on Setttings right underneath
5) Check Every visit to the page & press Ok

Also, you can change the size of the Temporary Internet Files to 1 MB, that way it won't happen as often.

thegiant

thegiant

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
i tried that but still its the same thing i have to delete cookies every single time i want to log out of somewhere when it would be much easier just log out normally.