Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XP Restore CD Boot

• Please log in to reply

LazzaraKoston

LazzaraKoston

• Pip
  • 2 posts
My friend took her CPU to a shop the other day and the cost to fix is supposably more than a new computer. The other cost would be losing all hard drive information along with 300-some dollars.

Their family is going to get a new computer soon instead of fixing the older one, but the shop they went to never mentioned a Restore CD Boot.

What I mean is the CD you (usually) recieve along with your computer that whipes all hard drive clean and starts your computer all over (back to factory settings and conditions).

You lose all information, but your computer is new again.

My Windows ME one is named "Restore CD (Bootable CD)."

I've been given a chance to fix this beyond repairable computer of my friends, becuase I think it really can be done for way under 100 dollars. Does anybody know where to buy this CD for windows XP? I am looking, but I can't find it.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
the cd comes with the machine from where you purchased it....you can't get an aftermarket recovery cd as they are machine specific (to a degree) so you either have to have the restore cd or a full version of windows xp