Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Pretty Slow IE

• Please log in to reply

thepsilocybevibe

thepsilocybevibe

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
I heard this was a pretty common problem. I was having problems with my computer which required me to completely start over and reinstall windows. I decided to go with XP Pro (i had Home previously). Now that that's been taken care of, everything is working great. Except IE...As i'm browsing through pages, there seems to be a lot of lagging when it comes to scrolling up or down. I tried to go through Internet Options but I may be missing something. Now that I think about it, it's not only IE...I also have tried using Mozilla Firefox and it gives me the same problem. I experimented with the Task Manager...I went to the Processes tab, scrolled up and down on my browsers and the "CPU Usage" spiked to 45-55%....Any ideas on how to correct this? Thanx for ur time :tazz:

Advertisements

darth_ash

darth_ash

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Can u give ur system config. (also give pagefile size) ?
Do u have all latest Windows Updates?

jonjuk

jonjuk

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I think you might find it's your graphics card drivers.

Make sure you have the latest drivers installed for you card and this should resolve the problem.

I know when I've re-installed Windows and have tried using IE or other programs without updating the display drivers, I get a very jerky response from programs such as IE.

Try downloading and installing the latest drivers!!

Hope this helps.

thepsilocybevibe

thepsilocybevibe

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Can u give ur system config. (also give pagefile size) ?

View Post

How do i go about doing that? Sorry...I dont know where to look.

darth_ash

darth_ash

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Follow the steps below:
Start->Run. Type dxdiag. Press Enter.
In the DirectX Dianostic Tool Window. Click on the System tab.
Tell me the values in the Processor, Memory and Page File.
Now in the same window, click on Display tab. Tell me the values in ur Name and Date field.