Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

77.72 Drivers.

• Please log in to reply

I3east

I3east

• PipPip
  • 47 posts
I need some help locating the v77.72 drivers for an Nvidia Geforce4 440 Go Graphics card. I tried to download them from the site but I run the setup program I get a message saying that it wasn't compatible for my hardware. I was wondering if anybody knows where I can find that version for my card or even if there is one. If someone could point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated.

(oh I was having connection problems and on my screen it looks like I posted this topic like three times...sorry)

Edited by I3east, 10 August 2005 - 02:59 AM.

Advertisements

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*

I need some help locating the v77.72 drivers for an Nvidia Geforce4 440 Go Graphics card.  I tried to download them from the site but I run the setup program I get a message saying that it wasn't compatible for my hardware.  I was wondering if anybody knows where I can find that version for my card or even if there is one.  If someone could point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated.

(oh I was having connection problems and on my screen it looks like I posted this topic like three times...sorry)

View Post

Hi, you can go here:

http://www.nvidia.co...ers/drivers.asp

that is where you download the drivers from. I use the international version.. I think that should work for your graphics card as I have the same as yours.

I3east

I3east

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
Yeah I tried it again and I get the message "The Nvidia setup program could not find any drivers compatible with your current hardware" Am I doing something wrong?

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*
Are you 100% sure that you have a Geforce 4 440?

Go to:

Right click on my computer>Manage

Computer Management should show up, then go to:

Device Manager>Display Adapters

What does it say in there?

I3east

I3east

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
It says "Nvidia Geforce4 440 Go 64M"

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*
Go the the Nvidia website, and see if you can find it there.

Here is the address:

http://www.nvidia.com/page/home.html

I3east

I3east

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
I found the driver but when I downloaded it and ran it, it gave me the "the Nvidia Setup can't find any drivers compatible with your hardware" message.
Is it just not complatible with my card?

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Is this a laptop?

If it is, then the drivers on the Nvidia site will not work. You need to go to the laptop manufactures site and download the driver from there.

Please read my sig and list your specs.

Edited by makai, 10 August 2005 - 05:09 PM.

I3east

I3east

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
Okay I'll check their site

I3east

I3east

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
After checking their site. I don't see this particular driver anywhere. Does that mean they will come out with it or what?

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts

After checking their site. I don't see this particular driver anywhere. Does that mean they will come out with it or what?

Are you trying to locate version v77.72???
The Compaq site will not have this version. Laptop manufactures DO NOT use generic Nvidia drivers. They create their own for their own laptops. The ONLY drivers you can use are the ones created for your specific laptop and carried on the Compaq website... UNLESS, you search the web for "unofficial" drivers capable of installing on your laptop.

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy:

HERE is the driver you need for your laptop video card.

Murray