Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PS2 and XBOX

• Please log in to reply

callard

callard

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
It would have to be the PS2, ok so it's not as good as the XBox hardware wise, but it has way better and more games then the XBox does. And the PS3 will be the next best thing, 1. Its much, much! faster and graphics rich then the XBox 360. 2. The PS3 waill be built around the idea of homenetwork, so the PS3 will have better network play, I hope. So that why the PS/PS2 is my winner. :tazz:

Edited by callard, 11 August 2005 - 05:52 PM.

Advertisements

somepeoplearebornleet

somepeoplearebornleet

• PipPip
  • 60 posts
I wonder if Sqaure Enix will do as well as Sqaure Soft.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Yeah they are the same price for a xbox and aps2 with all the bits you need and a couple of games, also the fact that ps2s are tiny now is great.

RockyIV

RockyIV

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts
Thanks guys keep those ideas coming I am going to print out these few pages in few weeks and show it to my friend!!
Regards RockyIV

Edited by RockyIV, 11 August 2005 - 07:25 PM.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Well PS3 wise the cpu is more power when properly utilised, but its graphics arent as good as the xbox. ATI have done an amazing job with the 360s graphics core it is revolutionary. The core in the ps3 is just another redesigned nvidia core good but not phenomenal. Also the xbox cpu architecture is more established and more akin to what we PC users recognise this will make porting games from PC to xbox easier than it will to do it onto PS3 with its new cell processor architecture. Although the cell properly utilised is the pwnage, it was the same with ps2 it was very difficult to put games on it to run as well as they could as the architecture was so different. And the xbox uses a pentium 3 cpu and intel motherboard architecture its really just a super optimised pc, you can even put a different OS on it and use it as a pc.

Jzrith

Jzrith

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
The overall better gaming console is Playstation 2.
However, I find the XBox more intrigueing and fit for the games I like to play. It no doubtedly has the better graphics and internet gaming than Playstation 2.

raiyen

raiyen

• Pip
  • 7 posts
A lot of my friends love Halo and for that they support Xbox.

Me on the other hand, I'm an RPG fan and loyal to square-enix (even though they're making some of their games compatible w/ xbox). So my vote goes for ps2.

Lilcokekid

Lilcokekid

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
Im going towards PS2 more then XBox. Im not saying Xbox is a bad system. But I love the games on PS2 more then on the Xbox and Online is free(SocomII). Xbox has better graphics but not by a whole lot and there are more things that I care about then just the graphics such as gameplay.

And Also PS3 will have better graphics and will run much better then the Xbox 360 you can tell by the statistics...

Edited by Lilcokekid, 13 August 2005 - 09:43 AM.

NvidiaDude

NvidiaDude

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts
Well XBOX is a far better console that ps2 because the speed of the Xbox is like 733MHz and ps2 is like 295Mhz Xbox is alot better at graphics and processing speed but its not all about the console its what you do with it obviously play GAMES :tazz:

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
TSK TSK, clockspeed is a poor indication of performance, the xbox is not that much more powerful than the PS2 as its optimisation isnt as well done.

Advertisements

callard

callard

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
Hey warriorscot just so you know, the XBox 360 will be using an XBox emulator over whatever Microsoft build, it will be really slow, but I do agree with you on the XBox 360's graphics I was reading about it the other night. *nerd* :tazz:

Favs

Favs

• PipPip
  • 64 posts
they are equal.... exactly equal

RockyIV

RockyIV

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts
So far PS2 RULEZ!!!!! Keep them coming!!
Regards RockyIV

NvidiaDude

NvidiaDude

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts
Lets just say when Xbox 360 and PS3 comes out Nintendo revolution will own all you can play all your favourite games like mario and :tazz: 007 goldeneye ;) i heard that you get years of downloading games from nintendo 64 consoles and you get a free gameboy with it aswell called GAMEBOY MICRO nintendo revolution hasnt yet launched there controllers oh and one more thing nintendo revolution is way better in performance dont beleive me have a look

Speculative Nintendo Revolution Specifications
2 G5 1.8GHZ CPUS ( Total of 3.6GHz )
512K L2 Cache
1200 MHZ Front Side BUS
600MHz GPU with 12MB embedded 1T SRAM ( Graphics )
128MB 1T SRAM MAIN MEMORY 600 MHz (L3 Cache to CPU and GPU)
256MB 400MHZ NEC design embedded DRAM
Embedded 16-BIT HD 7.1 Digital sound chip
Dedicated sound bandwidth will not affect CPU
6GB HD Dual Layer Panasonic Discs
3:1 balance between CPU and RAM
1:1 balance between GPU and RAM

that is way better than the PS3 and XBOX 360 Console But the nintendo revolution is still a mystery :)

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
HEH.. and how do you get that mate, N00b.

Has less ram, slower cpu, slower gpu. And the gameboy micro is a small gameboy advance hardly worth writing home about, and if you want to munch through your download limit getting ancient games than away you go.