Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PS2 and XBOX

• Please log in to reply

NvidiaDude

NvidiaDude

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts
what the PS3 and XBOX 360 both have 3.2GHz Processor and revolution has 3.6GHz and the GPU of xbox 360 is 500MHz , PS3 550MHz , Revolution 600MHz so that proved you that im right

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
No it proved they have higher clock speeds.
I have a 2 ghz cpu but it is faster than a 3ghz pentium 4. Clockspeed is a poor indicator of performance so say me and all the textbooks i have ever read on computer hardware.

Boo-Yeah

Boo-Yeah

banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
PS2 all the way!! I dont think that XBOX is bad, but as a gamer and also as a selective gamer....for me PS2 kicks ***!!!!
Boo-Yeah

NvidiaDude

NvidiaDude

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts
ps2 had to many jaggies on games XBOX cut that out with (AA) anti-aliasing which was excellent plus if ps2 made doom 3 for it now that wud be choppy gameplay its sik on the xbox cuz they can do more stuff with xbox than ps2 like add more detail to the game which if they did for ps2 it wouldnt be very good

callard

callard

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
Hey does anyone know the real FSB clock
for the PS3 And the XBox 360 and if so,
what is it times by?

Or if you can give a full spec that would be
good, thanks all

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
They havent released a full spec, the cell processors are a revolutionary i dont think they have a fsb. The 360 is just a power pc chip with 3 cores it should have a fsb similar to a g5 or anyother cpu in that range of cpus. Also the xbox was a much newer console it would be dissapointing if it didnt have some better features. Doom3 im sure would look fine on the ps2 if they ever fully optimised it but in the history of the ps2 there have only been a handful of fully optimised games for it as it has a very unique architecture. The xbox is essentialy a old pc it uses a pentium 3 processor straight off the shelf. It can do what it does because the os and games are heavily optimised for that exact configuration if everyone had identical high end pcs games would look unbeliavable you can allready see the effects of a level of optimisation on doom3 which was optimised for nvidia cards and hl2 runs better on ati cards.

Game_Freak

Game_Freak

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts
I reckon Ps2 is better cause better games but in graphics xbox beats ps2

RockyIV

RockyIV

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts
True but the PS3 has better graphics than XBOX 360.....I think!
Regards RockyIV

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Nah the xbox has better gfx the ps3 has more processing power, all in all it evens out.

RockyIV

RockyIV

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts
About PS3 and XBOX 360 which has better gameplay?
Regards RockyIV

Advertisements

NvidiaDude

NvidiaDude

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts
The Xbox 360 has released more games so far and ps3 hasnt but i would say XBOX 360 has better gameplay it also features a MEDIA CENTRE which is cool

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
It has more games so it must have better gameplay, aye thats some great logic there in action. You cant comment on gameplay until you play both over a few games.

RockyIV

RockyIV

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts
Is it true that Halo 3 is out on XBOX 360?

Dominicc2003

Dominicc2003

• PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
Look, the Xbox is better by far, i had the option of getting a PS2 or XBox, i chose xbox.

The PS2 is like 6yrs old!

It breaks really easy too.

The XBox 2 and PS3 will be coming out quite soon after one another, PS3 might be better than XBox 360 but we'll have to wait and see.

famosbrown

famosbrown

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
Well...I am going to go with my Sega Dreamcast that I still play and still buying games for :tazz: .

I have owned three PS 2's, and I still own two...the first one is with my neice, the second is in my bedroom, and the third is in my living room and was bought because it was more quiet and had a built in IR receiver.

XBOX games are pretty cool, but the controller is too bulky for me...I handle the bulky Dreacst controller much better.

Famos