Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

motivedirectry

• Please log in to reply

cloakes

cloakes

• Pip
  • 1 posts
:tazz:
Ok OLD computer running win 98, was running slow so I ran Ad-aware, cleaned 191, that was normal scan .. when I tried to run a complete scan locked up.. tried 4 times. Tried re-booting and still locked up. I talked to the user and she told me that she noticed that her homepage had been changed with her doing it to something else about a week ago ( nice of her to tell me?)
I updated Mcafee, and ran a scandisk and defrag. Rebooted.. tried running ad-aware again and locked up again. I rebooted again and went to the microsoft update page and looked for updates. I dl'ed updates for explorer. rebooted and now it looks completely and I get a dreaded motivedirectory error.
Now I get to the error and then the computer freezes completely.
I am not sure what to do at this point. I can not do anything at all and I dont want to make the problem worse???
I am not even sure this computer is worth fixing lol...

Advertisements