Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Media Player 10 won't work

• Please log in to reply

Tom Sherrill

Tom Sherrill

• Pip
  • 6 posts
My son's media player 10 will not open.

A message states "an internal error has occured" this is followed with

" The instruction at "0x591c2522" referenced memory at "0x595c2a4c". The memory could not be "read". Click ok to terminate the progaram".

I have tried to remove the media player and I have tried downloading it again but it fails. Does anyone have any knowlege about this referenced memory. Any help would be appreciated.

Advertisements

tunads

tunads

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
my advice would be to not use windows media player ;) .

there are hundereds (if not thousands) of free media players out there.

if you want something close to wm10 try Real Player :tazz: . it has many of the same features and has much (much, much, much, ...) better sound quality.

sorry i cant help with the wm10. I've never had that problem (ever, with any version).

you will probably get held with your wm problem in future posts (and recommendations for other players as well).

good luck :)

Tom Sherrill

Tom Sherrill

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Tunads, thanks for the advice, my son downloaded real player, it works fine and he's happy.