Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

system32\drivers\Ntfs.sys

• Please log in to reply

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
I would ask e-machines why their disc won't run

Advertisements

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*

I restarted my computer after downloading some automatic security updates, and when I came back into my room the screen was black with some white text that read:

windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt system32\drivers\Ntfs.sys

It also says I can try repairing it by reinstalling everything, but I don't know where the CDs that came with my computer are.

Is there anything I can do to fix it? I'm not good with computers but I can follow directions. I don't have the money to have it fixed by someone else right now, so I really need to do this at home, with somebodies help.

View Post

Heads up <looks up , ahhhhh)

Hey here is something i took from another forum lol:

Missing or Corrupt system32\drivers\ntfs.sys

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

after checking connections around my hard disk drives i turned my computer back on and up comes this message:

Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt:

System32\Drivers\Ntfs.sys

You can attempt to repair this file by starting windows setup using the original setup CD-ROM
Select "r" at the first screen to start repair.

Upon putting the xp disc in, it boots to the cd, and it looks at my hardware configuration and the Windows Setup blue screen appears to tell me

File setupdd.sys could not be loaded. The error code is 4. Setup cannot continue. Press any key to exit.

Please help! perhaps the casing that holds the drives and floppy was shaken? i've checked to make sure everything is in place.

Cloudwalker5

Cloudwalker5

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi there you quoted my exact problem,
When I find a solution I'll let know or if you find a solution please let know, thanks

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,762 posts

I restarted my computer after downloading some automatic security updates, and when I came back into my room the screen was black with some white text that read:

windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt system32\drivers\Ntfs.sys

It also says I can try repairing it by reinstalling everything, but I don't know where the CDs that came with my computer are.

Is there anything I can do to fix it? I'm not good with computers but I can follow directions. I don't have the money to have it fixed by someone else right now, so I really need to do this at home, with somebodies help.

Hi there you quoted my exact problem,
When I find a solution I'll let know or if you find a solution please let know, thanks

Did you notice the date of the OP Cloudwalker5!

If you require assistance please start your own thread and we will be happy to help you there.