Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't run XP, auto restart, BSD

• Please log in to reply

MacFatty

MacFatty

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I went to turn on my comp today and now i can't get into windows. I did the F8 boot and turned off automatic restart on system error. Now I get BSD with the Error:
*** STOP: 0x0000007B (0xf789e528, 0xc0000034, 0x000000000x 0x000000000)

Check for viruses and what notl.

I cant get into windows in any way shape or form. Also, i just upgraded the entire computer (MB, Processer, Memory, Video Card). HDD's, CD-Roms, Sound Card the same. Any help in how to resolve this problem would be great. Also, if you can get me past the BSD I would like to know how the repair option works so that I do not have to format the HD and start over with new MB. I can not get into windows setup (restarts before the menu with repair or install options). Once again thank you for your time and I hope you have an answer for me.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Look at Windows Installation CD to repair the current installation from the options here

http://www.theelderg..._windows_xp.htm

Otherwise you can do this

http://support.micro...kb;en-us;307545

Have you ever got it to load since you did the upgrade?

MacFatty

MacFatty

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I haven't been able to get XP to load since I upgraded the computer. I have formatted the HD since my last post and still no luck with it. I cannot get into the XP Setup I get the same BSD error message that I posted above. Anything you can do to help would be great. Thanks.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
This option should let you start Windows

http://support.micro...kb;en-us;307545

It deals with a corrupt registry

MacFatty

MacFatty

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
That link just let me to a support center, not to a specifit topinc. Anyway i do not want to get windows to start i just want to be able to run the Windows XP Pro. Setup. It loads all the setup files but i do not get to the first screen that asks if i want to install xp or run the repair console.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Did the link for theeldergeek not get you to xp repair