Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

can't open "my pictures"

• Please log in to reply

parastic_twin

parastic_twin

• Pip
  • 1 posts
i just installed new software for my digital camera (i had to uninstall old camera software as well) and now i can't open up pictures by going to "my pictures"
the only way i can get anything open is by opening up a program like photoshop 1st and then opening them from there.
could this be a problem from installing new software? is my computer just crappy? or maybe viruses? i've had plenty virus problems
oh please help me smart ones. i don't know how to fix this
<3 heather

Advertisements

Press2Esc

Press2Esc

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
Looks like Windows has not associated the file format name used by your older digital camera files.

1. Open Windows Explorer & locate one of your old pics file.

2. Select the file, by clicking on the icon ONCE.

3. Depending on your OS, right click on the icon and choose the "Open With" option.

4. A window will open to choose a program to open that file type. Select PhotoShop from the list or choose [other] to navigate to PhotoShop's EXE file on your hard drive.

5. Put a checkmark in the "Always use this program to open files of this type" box, to permenantly assocaite the file type w/PhotoShop...

Enjoy.. :tazz:

P2E

i just installed new software for my digital camera (i had to uninstall old camera software as well) and now i can't open up pictures by going to "my pictures"
the only way i can get anything open is by opening up a program like photoshop 1st and then opening them from there.
could this be a problem from installing new software? is my computer just crappy? or maybe viruses? i've had plenty virus problems
oh please help me smart ones. i don't know how to fix this
<3 heather

View Post