Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Darken monitor screen brigtness

• Please log in to reply

gmhafiz

gmhafiz

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
Some keys on my keyboard on this laptop are not working. It includes the Fn (Function) key. I wanted to darken the monitor screen but I am unable to do so because to darken the screen, I have to use a combination of keys which includes the Fn keys. Is there an alternative way to reduce the brightness of my laptop screen?

Advertisements

xp_erience

xp_erience

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
If your computer is similar to mine and uses an Intel GMA Driver, then this is all you have to do:

Click on: Start --> then Control Panel --> then Intel GMA Driver (or any thing that looks like it could be a color-scheme driver) --> Color (tab) --> Gamma Correction (at bottom). Gamma, Brightness, and Contrast should be options. Toggle between Desktop and Video Overlay in order to change what you see as normal, and what you see when a video or movie is playing.

Hope that helps,

X