Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My PC WOnt Power On?

• Please log in to reply

DRDOOM45

DRDOOM45

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi I Have a Dell Dimension 4600
pentium 4 2.3ghtz
80gig

I opened the case to install a second HD drive but after installing the second HD the pc did not start, so I took out the 2nd HD and put everything back together like it was and the now it will not power on the only power I see is the green light on the mobo but when I press the button the front nothing happens????

I’ve tried a different power strip but nothing happens, It was working fine before

Advertisements

somepeoplearebornleet

somepeoplearebornleet

• PipPip
  • 60 posts
Lets see i think you need Power supply to connect to motherboard.
Power strips from motherboard to HDD.
Eh... basically check over everything and make sure everything is in place.
Thats all i can suggest.
Does it make a beeping sound?
Also the small little plugs from your case to the motherboard connected right?
Use motherboard manual and check.

Edited by somepeoplearebornleet, 11 August 2005 - 09:07 AM.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
You might have pulled out the connector from the power switch if there are nay loose cables lying out that would be the problem.
If you dont have a motherboard manual, download it, get cpu z to find out the name of the motherboard and then go to the manufacturers website find your motherboard and download the manual if you dont have the manual to start with of course, bever had a dell so i dont know what they give you in the way of instructions.