Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PLEASE HELP WINFIXER TROJAN!

• Please log in to reply

getwiththefuture

getwiththefuture

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Okay first off let me start by saying yes I have seen the forum about winfixer but that is helping another guy and I can't understand it. Okay it all started when I reformated my computer then when it first got back ot running normal I had not turned on my spam blockers and spyware and anti-virus and things of the sort well this pop up notice would say "would you like us to scan your registry for free?" and i would click no and then it started "installing" which I did not have any clue about this at the time this was the first time i'd ever seen it so I was looking at the box and i saw it has no status it doesnt even say any bytes and then the time left is just counting how long its been on like when i first start up my computer it says 0 then counts to minutes and hours so then thats when i downloaded super ad blocker and it did a scan for me and i found out it was a trojan so this was about 3 days ago and i have been running mcafee and super ad blocker everyday and it says it deletes them and i went into windows and deleted those files but it is never gone and everytime i turn my computer on its there again and now i am getting messages like "fatal error is emminent please back up your data and replace your hardrive" can anyone please help me???[/B][/B]

Edited by getwiththefuture, 11 August 2005 - 09:48 AM.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Please go here:

http://www.geekstogo..._Log-t2852.html

Run all the programmes as advised then post a current Hijack This Log to the Malware Team

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*

Please go here:

http://www.geekstogo..._Log-t2852.html

Run all the programmes as advised then post a current Hijack This Log to the Malware Team

View Post

i back Kieth up, this is a malware problem, so you need to post it in the malware forum.

I hope they can help you

getwiththefuture

getwiththefuture

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I don't have a clue with any malware anything??? I am not computer illiterate but I don't know a lot of technical stuff. Also when I restart my computer it says can not locate c/windows/nail.exe? what is that?

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*
when you look at the top of this page you will see:

Do you suspect a malware (Spyware, Virus, Trojan) infection? Please Start Here.

Click where it says START HERE.

Have a read and do as suggsted from there, I will also look into the nail.exe question for you, and I will reply to you.

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*
Here is some info on nail.exe:

nail - nail.exe - Process Information

Process File: nail.exe
Process Name: Trojan.Win32.Stervis.b

Description: Nail.exe is a is a hijacker which means it will intermittently change your Internet Explorer settings / Desktop to the link of it’s author’s sponsors. This program is usually installed through consent, however is sometimes packaged as another product. It is a registered security risk and should be removed immediately.
For More Info About nail.exe - Get WinTasks 5 Pro Now!

Author: Unknown
Part of: Trojan.Win32.Stervis.b

System Process: No
Application: No
Background Process: Yes
Uses Network: Yes
Uses Internet: Yes
Hardware Related: No
Memory Usage : N/A ( Free Up Memory )

Spyware: No ( Remove )
Adware No ( Remove )
Virus: Yes ( Remove )
Trojan: Yes ( Remove )
Security Risk (0-5): 4
Block/Remove: Use WinTasks 5 Pro to Block/Remove nail.exe

Boost Your PC: Use SpeedUpMyPC
Administrators: Troubleshoot Your PCs

Discuss nail.exe: Visit Our Forums

getwiththefuture

getwiththefuture

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Oh god, my computer is basically toast isn't it? Okay by doing the read you sent me will that remove Nail.exe too? and any other possible trojans I might have?

Another thing these folders are kind of see throughish icons in WINDOWS:
$NtUninstallKB828741$
$NtUninstallKB835732$
These are just in C:
$VAULT$.AVG
Python22
hp
system.sav
Ive never seen them before I don't know what they are??? on the $ntuninstall... things I deleted 58 from WINDOWS yesterday just to the recycle bin and out I don't know if mcafee or super ad blocker's scan would have picked them up or what?

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Your best move is this

http://www.geekstogo...-Log-t2852.html

It has a list of links to programmes, run them then post a Hijack This Log to the malware forum and you will be shown how to clean the PC, which is not toast, but not much good to you at the moment.

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*
If you are seeing some stuff there and not sure abou tthem, go to start>control pannel>folder options>veiw

and then look for:

Do not show hidden files and folders

then make sure it has a tick, click on ok

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*

Your best move is this

http://www.geekstogo...-Log-t2852.html

It has a list of links to programmes, run them then post a Hijack This Log to the malware forum and you will be shown how to clean the PC, which is not toast, but not much good to you at the moment.

View Post

Agreed

Advertisements

getwiththefuture

getwiththefuture

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Okay thank you for your help I am running ad aware right now and its the second scan because the first one said 129 critical files and 24 could NOT be deleted so maybe it will pick them up again.

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*
Ok, sounds of it this is a malware case mate.

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*
Ok this is what you need to do, and please dont ignore Kieth, cause he has told you this twice.

You see how at the top of this page there is a heading saying:

Do you suspect a malware (Spyware, Virus, Trojan) infection? Please Start Here.

Click on the Start Here link, read and do what it says.

And as I said at the top of the post, please dont ignore the staff again. There here to help, and you are asking for help.

getwiththefuture

getwiththefuture

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
another question what is aunps2.dll
"error the file aunps2.dll could not be run, the specified module could not be found."

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
It is malware