Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Nero burns but doesn't play

• Please log in to reply

Plod

Plod

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello. This "no hear" phenomonon has occured with both Real Player and Nero 6. I get the tracks into my library. I create a play list. I burn the cd. The window says "burned" when each track is completed. When I play it back on my sony cd player in the house, I hear only half of the tracks. I burn on Maxell CD-R 80 min. 700mb.
No idea what to do now. I suppose if I could monitor each and every cut buy listening to it before burning the next one, at least I would know which ones are taking are which ones are not. Why I can hear only the first half of the tracks is a mystery. On the real player cd, it played the first 6 tracks, skipped 4, and played the last track.
Any help would be appreciated.
Many thanks,
Plod

Advertisements

gust0208

gust0208

• PipPipPip
  • 311 posts
Hello,

This does sound like a mysterious problem. What type of music files are you converting to audio CD? Mp3, wma, wav? Do all the source files play correctly before burning? When you say the player skips 4 tracks, does it say the CD has those tracks but are empty or completely ignores them (e.g. the CD shows as only having 7 tracks as opposed to the supposed 11 tracks)?

Cheers,
Tom

Hello. This "no hear" phenomonon has occured with both Real Player and  Nero 6. I get the tracks into my  library. I create a play list. I burn the cd. The  window says "burned" when each track is completed. When I play it back on my sony cd player in the house, I hear only half of the tracks. I burn on Maxell CD-R 80 min. 700mb.
No idea what to do now. I suppose if I could monitor each and every cut buy listening to it before burning the next one, at least I would know which ones are taking are which ones are not. Why I can hear only the first half of the tracks is a mystery. On the real player cd, it played the first 6 tracks, skipped 4, and played the last track.
Any help would be appreciated.
Many thanks,
Plod

View Post

Plod

Plod

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Tom, the cd shows it has burned 13 tracks. I can hear 8. My neighbor just make a copy off of my cd. It plays all the songs on my sony cd player. I will try both of them in my car tomorrow.
I can play all the files of the source tracks.
The files are off of regular albums (cd's) I save them in the mp3 config. They burn in the aff something configuration.
Thanks for the interest. It is a mystery, I shall endure and prevail.
Bill

gust0208

gust0208

• PipPipPip
  • 311 posts
Huh, this is pretty odd. So, the copy of your "skippy" CD plays made by your friend plays perfectly? Let us know how the 2 discs compare in your car player and try to figure something out.

Cheers,
Tom

Tom, the  cd shows it has burned 13 tracks. I can hear 8. My neighbor just make a copy off of my cd. It plays all the songs on my sony cd player. I will try both of them in my car tomorrow.
I can play all  the files of  the source tracks.
The files are off of regular albums (cd's) I save them in the mp3 config. They  burn in the aff something configuration.
Thanks for the interest. It is a mystery, I shall endure and prevail.
Bill

View Post