Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help?

• Please log in to reply

Boo-Yeah

Boo-Yeah

banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
Dear Guys,
I used to have TDS-3 and then I got rid of it! But now when-ever I right Click on any icon it says along-side with all these other stuff it says 'scan with TDS-3'! if I click on it, it says unable to find TDS-3 path in registry! I want to remove that sign! and make sure there isn't any TDS-3 files on my computer!
So Please help
Boo-yeah

Edited by Boo-Yeah, 11 August 2005 - 08:50 PM.

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
Got to Start>Run, type in regedit, when the registry editor opens expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, Software and look for any entries that contain the offending program and remove them. Be careful in the registry, if you remove or change the wrong thing your computer may not function.

You may also have entries in CLASSES_ROOT for TDS-3 for whatever file types but removing them will require more skill and knowledge. Come back here if you find them and we'll guide you.

gust0208

gust0208

• PipPipPip
  • 311 posts
Hello,

Another way to try and remove the context-sensitive menu options that you no longer need is with a nice free program called "ShellExView". You can use it to modify shell extensions and enable/disenable options as you choose. It is fairly easy to use and quite safe. You can check it out at:

http://www.nirsoft.n...s/shexview.html

Cheers,
Tom

Dear Guys,
I used to have TDS-3 and then I got rid of it! But now when-ever I right Click on any icon it says along-side with all these other stuff it says 'scan with TDS-3'! if I click on it, it says unable to find TDS-3 path in registry! I want to remove that sign! and make sure there isn't any TDS-3 files on my computer!
So Please help
Boo-yeah

View Post

Boo-Yeah

Boo-Yeah

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
Thanks Guys! Im using another computer so I'll try it tonight!
Boo-Yeah

Boo-Yeah

Boo-Yeah

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
Dear Guys! Im afraid that Tyger's idea didn't work as it is still there so I'll try Gust's Idea! Thanks

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
Actually you're trying my second suggestion, it's just that Gust has a nice software appy that you can use to do it. Nice work on his part.

Boo-Yeah

Boo-Yeah

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
Cool thanks Guys!!!!