Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help

• Please log in to reply

twallace0

twallace0

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
I just sold a computer to someone over eBay and used a program that deleted EVERYTHING from the hard drive. It may have even deleted partitions I'm not sure. When she got it she was unable to use the restore disk to restore it to its original state when I got it.

When she tries to run it it says "you have no hard drive or it may need to be initialized.

You may need to run the FDISK program to initialize the hard drive"

What I need to know is how to use FDISK. Do I need to download it or what?

This is urgent so any responses will help

Thanks

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
Fdisk is right on the boot floppy. When you use it to start and the command prompt comes up just type in fdisk and hit enter. Just follow the procedure for a clean install in the Windows 95/98*admin forum above for your installation, unless you have a computer makers disk. In that case use fdisk as above and then follow the instructions provided with the CD for installation. You will need to format the disk after you use fdisk. Just type in "format C: /s" w/o the quotes and hit Enter.

twallace0

twallace0

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
Ok, I'll have her try it, thanks