Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HIJACKTHIS

• Please log in to reply

VirusGirl123

VirusGirl123

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
No... i dont think i have one.. wat do i do?

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Your log is clear, so you're ready to install Service Pack 2 for Windows XP. I'll bet installing this major upgrade will take care of most if not all your problems.

http://v5.windowsupd...t.aspx?ln=en-us

Keep checking until all updates are installed. <_<

VirusGirl123

VirusGirl123

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
whenever i go on this site... it just says "Checking for the latest version of the Windows Update software...

Depending on your connection speed, this might take a minute. During this time, you may receive one or more security warnings. Review each security warning to ensure that the content is signed by Microsoft, and then click Install or Yes to install the software.

VirusGirl123

VirusGirl123

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
there must b another way to download it... <_<

-=jonnyrotten=-

-=jonnyrotten=-

Member 2k

• Retired Staff
  • 2,678 posts
This is microsoft checking to make sure your software that windows uses to download windows updates is up to date. It does take a little bit even with a cable connection. So since you are on dial up it may take a long time. Did you ever get it downloaded that one day?

-=jonnyrotten=-

VirusGirl123

VirusGirl123

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
the page never downloads it just sits there and does this 4ever.. is there another way to install service pack 2?

VirusGirl123

VirusGirl123

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
i cant seem to find a place besides http://v5.windowsupd...t.aspx?ln=en-us to download sp2.

-=jonnyrotten=-

-=jonnyrotten=-

Member 2k

• Retired Staff
  • 2,678 posts
That's the place. Just wait, it is going to probably take overnite. Remember you are on dial up.

-=jonnyrotten=-

VirusGirl123

VirusGirl123

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
o ya! lol ( i wonder y my sistrers comeputer made it go soo much fater, she has dial-up 2??).... how can i delte spyjkiller on my computer.. i think thats wat shutting it down

VirusGirl123

VirusGirl123

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
sorry i typed wrong... i mean spykiller

Advertisements

Smokey

Smokey

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,423 posts
Yes, uninstall spykiller through the control panel. You can order a SP2 CD here (I got mine in 4 days):

http://www.microsoft...us/default.mspx

VirusGirl123

VirusGirl123

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
ok cool... is it free??? and i cant find the spykiller in my control panel+ add or remove programs... where is it?

VirusGirl123

VirusGirl123

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
never mind..i found a site that works where i can download it.. ( but still cant find spykiller)

VirusGirl123

VirusGirl123

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
grrr! my computer just rebooted in the middle of the installation! please help me figure out wat is causing this!!!

VirusGirl123

VirusGirl123

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
ok.. i am now at 90% of installation of Sp2... i just realized that i installed Sp1a earlier last week in stead of Sp1... is there a diffrenece?