Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Quick TWeakin Ques?

• Please log in to reply

scarlet_spider

scarlet_spider

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
well, i have sp2...and its still going way to fast...like a blink of an eye...anything i could type in the registry to slow down the right click menu would help alot..lolz

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
See as far as i know its not a value, its on the next click it disapears i dont know why it is doing it unless you have a duffed mouse that is double clicking.

HalfGeek

HalfGeek

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I'm with warrior on this one. When you right click, the menu should stay on screen until another click or hitting a key on keyboard.
You might try using the shift+F10 key as it serves the same purpose... maybe??!!??

scarlet_spider

scarlet_spider

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
welll..it doesnt..it just fades in and out too fast.....i know it should stay on...but its doesnt.....

scarlet_spider

scarlet_spider

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
and i just switched the mouse...still same problem...fades in and out too fast...and new mouse proves that its not double-clicking by itself

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
The only way i can think to easily fix a problem like this is to reinstall windows ,but it is a little drastic and you will have to back up all your data.

scarlet_spider

scarlet_spider

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
lolz...i already tried that....2wice....

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Its possible its a fault with the version of windows you are installing from, i would get a new windows install disk a new one with sp2 on it, however you get this disk it doesnt matter its not illegal to use copies of windows disks as long as you have a valid windows liscence for that computer.

scarlet_spider

scarlet_spider

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
i ordered the sp2 windows from the windows site...and im sure it cant b corrupt...

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
just to elimiante the easy bit, is it a desktop, have you used a different mouse?

Advertisements

scarlet_spider

scarlet_spider

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
yes and yes

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Well im confuddled but i would talk to the guys in the xp forum, the more able to help you with this than i am, my knowledge of windows is good but i am not an expert on it like they are, they will be able to work something out for you i imagine.

scarlet_spider

scarlet_spider

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
so...find anything?

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
No not really, put a thread in the windows forum, i would look around for you a bit more, but im kinda busy myself i just started uni.

scarlet_spider

scarlet_spider

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
kool...how is it...is it in canada.?