Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Jpeg off the internet

• Please log in to reply

simon73

simon73

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
Sorry if I placed this question in the wrong area just needed to know if anyone can give me adive on the following.

If I have saved a Jpeg off the internet and its was Resolution: 264 x 400 for example can I still be able to make it bigger without loosing any of it colour or its pixels?

What type of softwear should I use to carry this task out? As I am new to all this so be kind and gental.

Thanks

:tazz:

Advertisements

sprout

sprout

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
Yes you can resize it using any editing program (even Paint that comes with Windows) HOWEVER, yes you will lose clarity. A JPG is a raster image, meaning it relies on each pixels size to render the image, you mess with the size, it merely stretches it out. Vector graphics, which are used for print and anything else that requires the ability to resize on the fly, can be resized without losing anything...these files can also be rather large, hence they are not used on the web.

simon73

simon73

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Many Thanks sprout for the advice you sent me cheers :tazz: