Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help to get rid of Iexplore [RESOLVED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Mel Clarke

Mel Clarke

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Iexplore only comes up when I am running my instant messenger (Yahoo) and won't let it start up. At the same time I cannot bring up a browser either - Only works if I do a C-A-D and then hit End Task.

I did a full system scan, virus scan, spybot and adaware and nothing came up. Should I un-install Yahoo IM and then try this process again then re-install Yahoo IM?

Thanks in advance, any help would be great.

MC

Advertisements

Excal

Excal

Malware Slayer Extraordinaire!

• Retired Staff
  • 12,739 posts
Hi Mel and welcome to GeeksToGo! My name is Excal and I will be helping you.

Iexplore.exe is a legit windows file. It is your internet explorer browser.

:tazz:

Excal

Mel Clarke

Mel Clarke

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Hey Excal,

I did a google on it earlier and it said that is was spyware and to be wary of it. I noticed this file, which I'd never seen before, when I did the ctr-alt-del it came up.

Thanks for your input!

MC

Excal

Excal

Malware Slayer Extraordinaire!

• Retired Staff
  • 12,739 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :tazz:

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.