Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Motherboard

• Please log in to reply

scubasteveo

scubasteveo

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey guys i got an Hp pavilion a320n with a fried motherboard i found out that it came with an Asus A7N8X-LA just needing to know how much this costs to determine if i should just buy another computer

Advertisements

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Google is your friend! :tazz:

Stasiek

Stasiek

• PipPip
  • 76 posts
if the pc is still under warrenty take it back for a free fix.

according to the hp website...here is what they say.

part #DF263-69002, price $199.00, Motherboard (system board) - Explorer 2, GL6E *REQUIRES RETURN OF DEFECTIVE PART*
part #5187-4885, price $222.00, New part for DF263-69002

to me thats pretty [bleep] expensive.

if you decide to buy a new motherboard or a new pc, just take this into account.
1-if you want to replace your existing mobo remember that it's a uatx(micro) so you will need to replace it with a uatx(micro) bord (the difference between uatx and a atx are the dimentions, uatx is smoller then the atx model
2-before you spend $$$ on a new pc first decide what you are going to use it for. it would be a waste to buy a low priced pc and then when you use it for (games/software) you realize your new pc can't handle it and then your off to buying another one

glad to help
you can find cheaply priced motherboard at variety of websites, i use http://www.newegg.com, you can go there and do a search to see what the price range is but don't forget there are a buttload of other sites