Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XP: Weird kind of high pitch beep noise fromsystem

• Please log in to reply

h3adsh0tasc

h3adsh0tasc

banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
Hello
Ive been noticing when i turn on my computer, and im just logging into my XP account or on the XP account page, it makes this "beeeeeep" noise and sometimes locks up my computer. I downloaded my recent video drivers, but i dont think that would be the case, since i downloaded them before and the buzzing didnt get worse, but now it has.

Thanks

Advertisements

Yarnouth

Yarnouth

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 508 posts
You checked all your leads and devices plugged in via usb?

h3adsh0tasc

h3adsh0tasc

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
everything seems fine, im not that good with computers so bare with me, i checked all the plugs and everything was plugged in.

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Is it one continuous beep? Does it go away after you log in?

h3adsh0tasc

h3adsh0tasc

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
yea, when im at the log in, it does it for like 5 seconds, then when i log in its quite, but when programs are loading it does like lil beeps that come randomly, but after that they never happen agian.

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
That is indeed very strange. This may be a problem that's very hard to cure over the Internet -- wish I was there to hear it. The only thing I can think of is some type of malfunctioning motherboard alarm through the PC speaker. <_<

h3adsh0tasc

h3adsh0tasc

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
Doesnt come through the speaker, makes it right from the computer. Like when your run Winsockfix.

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Can you tell if it's coming from the hard drive? Some hard drives have alams for overheating, maybe it's malfunctioning. Or, has a bearing going out.

h3adsh0tasc

h3adsh0tasc

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
It seems to be overheating. One of my friends told me that to. He said to leave the side of the computer off and keep the room cool. I just tried it today and it seems to be working fine. It only beeped once and didnt freeze.

h3adsh0tasc

h3adsh0tasc

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
I was also wondering what fan i should buy for my computer. I have a dell pentium 4, i dont know how to find out my mobo #

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
What kind of fan do you want? CPU or case fan?

h3adsh0tasc

h3adsh0tasc

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
Whitch ever one is cheaper really. But its odd, i removed this Camera card reader, and now it doesnt beep, it was plugged into a USB slot... Think that caused it?
thanks

h3adsh0tasc

h3adsh0tasc

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
never mind.. opened up my music folder and i heard a little beep.. sigh..

h3adsh0tasc

h3adsh0tasc

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
Here is a link to a thing i found that might be whats wrong, see if you guys know what to do
http://img114.exs.cx...9e-problemo.jpg

h3adsh0tasc

h3adsh0tasc

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
stumped?