Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

System going strange

• Please log in to reply

barbs2

barbs2

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
My system is strange,

It all happen a few days ago, when i updated my graphic card driver (Nvidia Geforce Fx 5200), at first all went well except the movies i've played (In nero, in media player and in real player) the image was blured and was like i haved the brightanass at maximun, but the games worked out fine.

Some days later i went into media player config and selected the applications to run without full hardware acellariation and the movies started to work fine, but i've started to have other problem with the games for example, when i run a game it crashes on the first game screen with some video bugs, i've run dxdiag and the pc crashes at the second direct 3d test.

Want i did after was taking my graphic card off and runned the cpu whitout it because i have an onboard graphic card besides the Nvidia ( S3 savage pro DDR ) i´ve unnistalled the nvidia driver and put the nvidia board inside the cpu again.
With the Nvidia board i installed my ancient drivers and restarted the cpu, but when it cames to desktop it crashes with video bugs.

So i´ve taken the nvidia of again and i´m working with the s3 savage, but the system is still unstable like words ant icones some time flickers and my mouse pointer blinks some times, could it be hardware or software problem?

I went in to process viewer and find this message (from day 25-07-05 until 13-08-05)
The description for Event ID ( 1 ) in Source ( nview_info ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: NVIEW : msmsgs: WAIT_TIMEOUT, while waiting for a read to clear - resetting read event

Could it was something to do with my problem?

For help the angels who want to help me here is this:
Attached File  Report.htm   269.97KB   77 downloads
Please i´m desperated someone :tazz:

P.s - sorry for my written English!Attached File  Report.htm   269.97KB   77 downloads

Advertisements

GeneralAres

GeneralAres

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
Ah, ECS Mainboard, they are notoriously unreliable but we will see if there is anything we can do.

As suspected their are eight versions of the P4VMM2. Which means they were most likely having stability and other problems and kept revising the board. First I need you to look at the mainboard and tell me what version board it is. Look for one of these numbers:

1.1a
3.2a
5.0A

Then we can do more.

barbs2

barbs2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
Well,

I´ve been in the manufacter site and i´ve seen where is the model and version of the board. Is inside it next to the CPI, normally they got a label or written on the board.

I've openned the cpu and find the model written on the board near the cpi as there picture showned but unfornately i've looked in the board for about 2 hours with a Flashlight and couldn´t find the version :tazz:

Is there anyway to know it besides this one ;)

Do you think it's a driver problem.

Should i begin consider purchasing a new one? :)

I really need your help, please...

You are my last hope.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by barbs2, 14 August 2005 - 05:29 AM.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Just read the report :tazz:

So no need for a second copy of Everest.

If you click tools, options, performance and adjust the video acceleration in Media Player, does it make any difference

GeneralAres

GeneralAres

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Just read the report

There is no v1.0 of that model Mainboard. Motherboard manufacturers rarely if at all include any way to ID board revisions through software.

GeneralAres

GeneralAres

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
Here are instructions on how to locate the mainboard revision number:

How to locate the Revision Number

barbs2

barbs2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
Thanks for the help.

But i've seen those pictures before, still... couldn't find the versions number.

Maybe they forgot to put the label in the board, It´s possibel trust me it is.

Maybe if i install the drivers of all the versions the Cpu only let me install the right one, like graphics card drivers for example.

Could this be? ;)

:tazz: Please...

GeneralAres

GeneralAres

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
Removed -- spam!

barbs2

barbs2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
I again.

Thanks for the help, but the only update i found in microsoft in the hardware category was for my sound card.

In ECS site i've notess that the drivers are equal for all versions but i can´t install any an error is displayed with the message:

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Chose 'CLOSÉ' to terminate the application.

Steel i am a little bit clueless about what i should do.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
You need XP_Fix.exe 2nd down in list

http://www.visualtour.com/downloads

GeneralAres

GeneralAres

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
After you do that:

1. Reboot in Safe Mode (Press F8 while the computer is starting up and select "safe mode" from the menu) and go to the control panel, add/remove and uninstall any video drivers from nVidia or for the S3Savage.

2. While in Safe Mode go to the control panel, system icon, hardware tab, device manager. Under Display adapters, uninstall any that are there.

3. Turn the computer off Install the nVidia card again.

4. Turn the computer on and go to normal mode and install the VIA v4.56 Chipset Drivers, reboot.

5. Go to start, run and type Dxdiag and make sure your version of DirectX is v9.0c.

6. Finally install the nVidia v77.77 Video Drivers

Everything should work with hardware acceleration, if not there is usually a driver problem.

barbs2

barbs2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
Thanks a lot for your help!

I found my problem.
I went in to a neighbour's house in tried my graphic card in is cpu, after instaled the drivers it happens the same as in my cpu.

I went in to a shop and brought a new graphic card (Nvidia 6600 GT) and voila everthing is OK now, fortunately it wasn´t the mother board who whould became very expensive.

My new card is a real monster and i'm happy with it.

Anyway thanks a lot i apprecieted your help.
Hope i won't need it again so soon. :tazz:

Be well!

GeneralAres

GeneralAres

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
When you installed the card in the other machine did you install the 77.77 drivers? A couple of things you also got a completely different model card and if your friends computer had a similiar chipset you could experience the same problems.

Edited by GeneralAres, 17 August 2005 - 01:03 PM.

barbs2

barbs2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
Yes,

I've tried with the newest driver (77.77) and same old to, the one i haved before updating and some others i've downloaded from the nvidia site.
With all them the same problem, it was the graphic card problem, i'm positive.

Thanks anyway but the problem is solved now!