Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Got Rid Of My PSGuard

• Please log in to reply

speedf40

speedf40

• Pip
  • 1 posts
While surfing last night, I stumbled onto a website that launched and installed something onto my PC and I couldn't do anything about it. Next I knew, I had a red exclamation icon on my Systray, my wallpaper had changed, and my homepage had been hijacked.

After trying all sorts of things through my Registry and Task Manager to no avail, I came across this website. Through reading all the various posts, I realized how difficult it was going to be to get rid of it. That's when it occurred to me that I should try to RESTORE my system. Fortunately for me, my last restore point was only from a couple days ago so any data loss would be worth the risk. It worked like a charm. Everything was essentially restored to how it was when I first logged on that night. I save most of my files on secondary hard drives so I basically didn't lose any data. So there you go...here's an alternative to remove this frustrating virus/spyware. Good luck!

Advertisements