Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Battlefield 2!

• Please log in to reply

Blutionium Boy

Blutionium Boy

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Ookay, I know two other people have posted their situations about the game crashing. But so far... I've had no luck.

I have an ATI Radieon 9700 Pro.

I have installed DX 9... Installed the latest ATI drivers. But yet... all that happens when I load the game... is a black screen, then back to my desktop. Any new advice?

Appreciate it.

Advertisements

adammj420

adammj420

• PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
Possibly a ram problem, read through this forum a bit for more information

http://forums.hexus....ead.php?t=50130

adammj420

adammj420

• PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
hmm just found this one

Hey Guys, Here's the easy fix. Battlefield 2 is NOT compatible with Windows service pack 2. EA Games even say this and that they are working on the problem.

I had troubles crashing soon after starting to play, I was pulling my hair out. Spent the whole day trying everything I could think of.

UNINSTALL SERVICE PACK 2 Go to control panel, Add/Remove software and remove. Restart your computer and Bobs your uncle problem solved. thumbsup.gif

MR0624

MR0624

• PipPipPip
  • 367 posts

hmm just found this one

Hey Guys, Here's the easy fix. Battlefield 2 is NOT compatible with Windows service pack 2. EA Games even say this and that they are working on the problem.

I had troubles crashing soon after starting to play, I was pulling my hair out. Spent the whole day trying everything I could think of.

UNINSTALL SERVICE PACK 2 Go to control panel, Add/Remove software and remove. Restart your computer and Bobs your uncle problem solved. thumbsup.gif

View Post

I have sp1 and bf2 still crashes all the time.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Most people who play BF2 have SP2 so its not JUST sp2. BF2 has issues with running using the windows OS, Basically it boils down to they released the game to early and they gane is neither robust or reliable,