Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need Help

• Please log in to reply

John_S

John_S

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
Sometimes while I'm on my Computer this Blue Screen with Lines Pop up.
I can still play but I cannot see anything. After about 30 minutes or so it disappears but it comes back in a few hours though

Advertisements

Ploper

Ploper

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Can you describe what do you see in the blue pop-up?

John_S

John_S

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
I see just lines across from the Screen

Ploper

Ploper

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Try to update your graphic driver.

John_S

John_S

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
Uh What is a Graphic Driver?
and how do i get one?

sevver

sevver

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
Do you know what Video card you have? The graphic driver is the software that tells your computer how to use your video card. If you do not know what video card that you have, then you will need to go into the Control Panel, and clock on the System icon.

At this point the system properties window will pop up, look for Hardware, and Device Manager and go in there, under Display Adapter, if you expand the + you will see what type of Video Card you are using. Once you know, you will be able to go to the manufactures website and find the drivers for the card.

You would then take those and install them, which will update the existing ones which you are currently using.

Good Luck
Steve

John_S

John_S

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
But I am not watching any videos while the Blue screen is popping up.

sevver

sevver

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
The video card controls any and all signal between your computer and the monitor. If you are having issues with the monitor, then I would think that you could assume that the problem may lie with the interface between the two. And I feel then same as everyone else here, you should begin at the beginning, the software that tells your computerhow to interact with your videocard, whose responsibility it is the interact with your monitor, the item you just so happen to be having trouble with.

I suppose that you could try to connect another monitor to your computer, and/or connect your monitor to another computer and work things back the other way too though.
Steve

John_S

John_S

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
Uh this is a picture of the Blue screen if you guys didn't understand me earlier
Posted Image

John_S

John_S

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
Uh.. I just updated my video card and I am still experiencing the ''blueness''

Advertisements

John_S

John_S

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
Uh.. Hello?

RockyIV

RockyIV

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts
Maybe some other application is interfering! Move any mobile phones, telephones and all other electronic devices away from the monitor! And then tell us what happenes!

John_S

John_S

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
It still appears

paulcomputerman

paulcomputerman

• PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
Sounds like a motherboard problem. This could be or maybe some other complication. Have you downladed Everest Home Edition?

paulcomputerman

paulcomputerman

• PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
Sounds like a motherboard problem. This could be or maybe some other complication. Have you downladed Everest Home Edition?