Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Arctic Silver 5

• Please log in to reply

Skaray

Skaray

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
When reading the Arctic Silver application instructions is said "Put a small amount of Arctic Silver onto the center of the heat spreader/CPU Cap" whate exactly is the heat spreader? Does it mean the heat sink?

Advertisements

heartofalion28

heartofalion28

• PipPip
  • 95 posts
not quite sure but i have a ? also i know were not pose to do this but its the same thing i just put AS 5 of my CPU nd processor and now my processor is runnin lik 10 C hotter whad i do wrong did i not put enough? i put as much and the instructions said?
and i did use the cleaner and purifier.
Lion

Edited by heartofalion28, 14 August 2005 - 08:38 PM.

Skaray

Skaray

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
I think it might be the heat sink thats hotter which is good because then the CPU is cooler and if it is the CPU then that usually happens for the first 200 hours of use.

OneCool

OneCool

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts
The Heatspreader is on the CPU itself.

You put a BB sized amount on the CPU's heatspreader (the center)