Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

4 people with SLI Mobos

• Please log in to reply

silverblades

silverblades

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
I have seen posts where people are asking about using to graphic cards in SLI so i came across this page that my help. http://www.slizone.c...zone_build.html , This page has a step-by-step guide. (Please not this site is for GEFORCE cards). Anyways hope this can help someone. :tazz:

Also look at this http://www.epox.com....20450/index.htm
just follow the links at the top

Edited by silverblades, 14 August 2005 - 07:34 PM.

Advertisements

OneCool

OneCool

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts
Nothing really new there but thanks for the links :tazz:

silverblades

silverblades

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
yep i just put the links here because all i keep seeing is, u have to flash the bios and they have to come from the same batch and things like that, that may help but it is not nesecery all is needed is SLI capable Mobo and two PCI-E cards that are the same model/make. It is easier than some posts make it out to be.

This is just for people who have not setup an SLI system yet :tazz:

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Only if you get cards that are from the same batch and have the same bios, and that is very hard to get hold of UNLESS you buy at the same time, and even then it is cheaper to get a single card, SLI unless you use a pair of 7800GTXs is the height of stupidity in my opinion, no one in there right mind would risk killing a perfectly good gfx card for a performance increase that for some people can be as little as 50%.
Also the bit about bioses on there isnt neccesarily true if you look you can see alot of people on the net who have believed this and in the end have had to flash the cards bios to get it to work.

Edited by warriorscot, 16 August 2005 - 04:53 AM.